What's new

ZenWiFi AX (XT8)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Heindriek

Occasional Visitor
Hi:
After I update firmware to 3.0.0.4.386_46061 internet speed is low and fails a lot, also webpage of router won't load at any computer and iMesh node doesn't connect anymore on 5 GHz. Can't downgrade or upgrade firmware.
Please advise.

Hi:
After I update firmware to 3.0.0.4.386_46061 internet speed is low and fails a lot, also webpage of router won't load at any computer and iMesh node doesn't connect anymore on 5 GHz. Can't downgrade or upgrade firmware.
Please advise.

If you can't change the firmware, can you reset it and configure if from scratch?

OE

If you can't change the firmware, can you reset it and configure if from scratch?

OE
I reset whole system but because it's with that firmware problem continue, I can ping ip perfectly but any browser open it. I even run rescue and it didn't saw the router. Trying my best before go to Best Buy and replace, it barely have 3 weeks.

OE
I reset whole system but because it's with that firmware problem continue, I can ping ip perfectly but any browser open it. I even run rescue and it didn't saw the router. Trying my best before go to Best Buy and replace, it barely have 3 weeks.

I would try to work on just one router with nothing else connected to it except a PC wired to a LAN port. Reset Button the router, let it reboot, and try to browse to router.asus.com or its default IP address. And perhaps clear your browser cache.

OE

I would try to work on just one router with nothing else connected to it except a PC wired to a LAN port. Reset Button the router, let it reboot, and try to browse to router.asus.com or its default IP address. And perhaps clear your browser cache.

OE
I tried to access router via different computers, browser even an IPAD via IP and router. ASUS.com No success, reset whole system same situation. When I contact ASUS once I enter SN they sent me to Best Buy, they will support me, WTH

Not clear if you've tried the smart phone Asus Router app...when I flash new firmware on the ZenWiFi, I always reset the nodes (thoroughly *smile*), and get the mesh going again with the Asus Router app. The go to the web admin interface and put in my settings. Very easy, and has worked 100% for me.

I tried to access router via different computers, browser even an IPAD via IP and router. ASUS.com No success, reset whole system same situation. When I contact ASUS once I enter SN they sent me to Best Buy, they will support me, WTH

When you say reset, do you mean reset or reboot? Sorry for the simple question. The reason I ask is you keep mentioning the whole system... I would focus on one box, the router, and save the node(s) for later.

OE

Not clear if you've tried the smart phone Asus Router app...when I flash new firmware on the ZenWiFi, I always reset the nodes (thoroughly *smile*), and get the mesh going again with the Asus Router app. The go to the web admin interface and put in my settings. Very easy, and has worked 100% for me.
That’s the problem, I can’t open webpage. I can ping it with basically 1 ms response. Few times webpage allowed me to login but the freeze. I reset both equipment to default and did whole setup and same situation. It happened after firmware update to 46061.
At phone app it works perfect but webpage won’t open or extremely slow and freezes, BTW Imesh node never connect at 5 GHZ even when I move it next to router.

Attachments

• 5CF7B807-AA01-41E4-9166-EDD53915BEC5.jpeg
    5CF7B807-AA01-41E4-9166-EDD53915BEC5.jpeg
    101.4 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
That’s the problem, I can’t open webpage. I can ping it with basically 1 ms response. Few times webpage allowed me to login but the freeze. I reset both equipment to default and did whole setup and same situation. It happened after firmware update to 46061.
At phone app it works perfect but webpage won’t open or extremely slow and freezes, BTW Imesh node never connect at 5 GHZ even when I move it next to router.

If ZEN is in AP Mode, I wonder if that screen shot should be showing a non-AiMesh router before the Internet? Do you have the ZEN in AP Mode wired directly to the Internet (I'm confused)?

OE

Okay, off the top, if the web admin GUI won't open, and in view of the other problems as well, I'd do just what I said...reset both nodes, and get the mesh going again via the smart phone app. Then the web admin GUI should be fine. If it isn't, then there may be a hardware problem.

The best way to reset the nodes, I've found, is to:

1. Use the WPS button reset:

2. The software reset under the "Administration" tab on the GUI is also useful, but you can't get there until you've done the WPS button reset on both nodes, and restarted the mesh using the Asus Router app. You might also do that reset once you can get there, and check the "Initialize all the settings..." box before selecting reset in the web admin GUI reset.

Last edited:
If ZEN is in AP Mode, I wonder if that screen shot should be showing a non-AiMesh router before the Internet? Do you have the ZEN in AP Mode wired directly to the Internet (I'm confused)?

OE

No, my ZenWiFi is also in AP mode, and the ZenWiFi network map in the Asus Router app shows it "directly connected to the Internet". I believe that that refers to "internet", not "the Internet" in the case of AP mode. Anyways, the diagram is as it should be for the ZenWiFi in AP mode.

No, my ZenWiFi is also in AP mode, and the ZenWiFi network map in the Asus Router app shows it "directly connected to the Internet". I believe that that refers to "internet", not "the Internet" in the case of AP mode. Anyways, the diagram is as it should be for the ZenWiFi in AP mode.
Yes one zen module is hardwired to AT&T fiber node, the other on imesh mode

Ok guys after I replaced equipment problem still exist, I bring a hotspot and disconnect AT&T fiber and same deal. Once I removed USB drive I had connected to router webpage load as it supposed to be. Will wait few days to be sure before I report it to ASUS. Looks like it was affecting router, BTW USB drive have it's own power supply.

Ok guys after I replaced equipment problem still exist, I bring a hotspot and disconnect AT&T fiber and same deal. Once I removed USB drive I had connected to router webpage load as it supposed to be. Will wait few days to be sure before I report it to ASUS. Looks like it was affecting router, BTW USB drive have it's own power supply.
Sounds similar to the problem I had here. Having a faulty drive or filesystem attached via USB causes the XT8 to rapidly run out of memory and kills the inbuilt web server.

I reported it to ASUS and they said they were forwarding it on to their tech support team but have heard nothing else about it.

Sounds similar to the problem I had here. Having a faulty drive or filesystem attached via USB causes the XT8 to rapidly run out of memory and kills the inbuilt web server.

I reported it to ASUS and they said they were forwarding it on to their tech support team but have heard nothing else about it.

Ok this is what I found and solved problem. USB drive was using wrong power supply. It requires 12V 1.5 Amp and it was connected to 12V 0.5 Amp PS
Got at 12V 3.0 Amps at Amazon and good and happy face.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!