What's new

ZenWiFi XT8 blue light blinking on router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

yoonlim

Occasional Visitor
Hi,
I just purchased XT8. everything work fine.

But....

My router connected to internet is blinking blue light, while my node is white light.

Anyone having same issue?

XT8 in router mode should not have blinking blue light status? [Check the attach image.

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200815_025412_com.asus.aihome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200815_025412_com.asus.aihome.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 1,859
Correct, I had this issue when I first set it up. I just reset both and went through setup again until both went white.

I just found out that using web browser to do the initial setup will solve this issue.

Previously i was using Asus router app to do the initial setup.

I just found out that using web browser to do the initial setup will solve this issue.

Previously i was using Asus router app to do the initial setup.
Funnily enough second time round I used web browser too and all was fine. I also opted out of the remote access when doing it via web too.

I have done it a couple of more times since using both app and web and not had an issue, but i've also never selected the external access again too.

Funnily enough second time round I used web browser too and all was fine. I also opted out of the remote access when doing it via web too.

I have done it a couple of more times since using both app and web and not had an issue, but i've also never selected the external access again too.
Noted with thanks

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!