What's new

ZenWifi XT8 unable to boot

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jomartin

New Around Here
Just over the weekend, my main router suddenly went into flashing green and my other nodes started to flash blue as i guess the network was not connecting. (I have one router and 3 nodes)

I tried to restart the router but it continue to flash green and could not connect back to the network. I tried to do factory reset, the hardware restarted and went into flashing green for a min or two before turning white for couple of seconds and then back to flashing green.

I can't seem to access the router GUI in anyway. Does anyone had similar experience? Please advise what to do.

Just over the weekend, my main router suddenly went into flashing green and my other nodes started to flash blue as i guess the network was not connecting. (I have one router and 3 nodes)

I tried to restart the router but it continue to flash green and could not connect back to the network. I tried to do factory reset, the hardware restarted and went into flashing green for a min or two before turning white for couple of seconds and then back to flashing green.

I can't seem to access the router GUI in anyway. Does anyone had similar experience? Please advise what to do.

Sorry I don't know what the flashing LEDs mean... probably in a guide somewhere.

Can you login into the router webUI to see what is going on?

How old is the equipment? Did you upgrade and then reset the firmware before installation?

OE

Last edited:
Equipment is barely a month old. I can't get into the router web UI

Disconnect everything but an admin PC wired to the router.

Hold the reset button until the power LED begins to flash. Let it reboot. If you can't browse to the default IP address or router.asus.com from a healthy browser running on the PC wired to the router, then set the sick router and its power adapter aside and build your network using your remaining routers. Later after you better know a working network, you can try to recover the sick router again before getting it replaced under warranty.

If equipment is going to die, it will usually die early on from a defect, or burn out after years of service.

OE

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!