What's new

380.57 port forwarding question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

The traces do not agree with what you said. Seems you were requesting WAN over internal WiFi from your phone?

it was from LTE 100% , it shows coming from 192.168.1.1 because it hits a nat at wan and comes from my router, this is normal, look at other requests that came over LTE into wan to lan that look the same for web6000q

weird, so it looks like you do not have a default route. did you set a static ip on the wan page? there should be a place for a default gateway.

ifconfig to show the ip of your wan and lan interface on he r7000, iptables-save to see firewall and nat config, ip -4 route to see the routing table, but it looks like no default route is the problem

no static IP set on WAN page thats WAN IP setting and i dont want wan IP, there is nowhere to enter default gateway unless im selecting static ip and in that case its entering the wans gateway only

just now i tried enabling static ip set 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0 192.168.1.1 default enable wan on 192.168.1.1 dns no bueno

ok, remove the WAN IP settings and SSH into R7000, use;

ip route add default via 192.168.1.1

192.168.1.1 should be erX IP. If this works, then because of your configuration you will probably need to add this to a script like /jffs/scripts/services-start

Btw, what's the IP range and mask for your VPN setup?
nothing special

vpn {
pptp {
remote-access {
authentication {
local-users {
username connor {
password ****************
}
}
mode local
}
client-ip-pool {
start 192.168.1.50
stop 192.168.1.60
}
dhcp-interface eth1
dns-servers {
server-1 8.8.8.8
}
local-ip 192.168.1.1
mtu 1492
}
}
}
admin@ERX:~$

okay. that explains. you're assigning the same subnet.
thanks for the little exercise.

Bravo to sinshiva!

still trying to figure out how to create script to run this command at boot

currently i got

#!/bin/sh ip route add default via 192.168.1.1

and save as defaultgateway.sh (all files setting notepad)

edit: ok i save with notepad++ and tried lowering command to second line still didnt work...

Last edited:
I would simply go back to WAN page and choose "Static IP" and put in 192.168.1.3 as IP address, 225.225.225.0 as mask, 192.168.1.1 as default gateway and 192.168.1.1 as DNS server1.

Then be done with it.

I tried that kvic it doesnt work cause those settings are for the wan ip not lan so they dont affect lan

For example if the default gateway was public like most isp default gateways are then it would cause problems using as internal default gateway

Your patch cord cable isn't connected to the wan port of Merlin router...?

try setting fake wan settings with the correct gateway like,

try setting fake wan settings with the correct gateway like,

i tried it doesnt work

i just need help getting the script going

i have read merlins rules extremely carfully over 10 times and followed every rule, still doesnt work...

in /jffs/scripts/services-start

#!/bin/sh
command

then, to make it work

chmod a+rx /jffs/scripts/*

it will run near the end of the boot process

ok so this is my script

#!/bin/sh
ip route add default via 192.168.1.1

im asuming thats ok

i saved it as test2.sh

created services-start folder in jffs/scripts

ran chmod command correctly

then rebooted

admin@R7000:/tmp/home/root# chmod a+rx /jffs/scripts/services-start/test2.sh
admin@R7000:/tmp/home/root# reboot

didnt work..

thinking i need to use .bash for the file or change something in my script?

i checked using merlins idea to test if the script is even running and its not so im stumped

Ok i tried makin file name services-start.sh and .bash neither worked... Odd

Ok i just did that, created the file named just "services-start" and ran the chmod command

However when i right clicked and checked properties for the file it still didnt say executeable

So i manually checked executeable in winscp and rebooted

And boom i got it :) thanks