What's new

AB-Solution 1.07 is out!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Super @digimon04 now you simply copy from # generated by AB-Solution 1.07 and onwards into the post-mount script, then do a reboot and presto! You have both up and running! ;)

I did as you and thelonelycoder told. After a reboot, I can see both Entware and AB-solution up and running. The nano editor of Entware also works as normal. However, Pyload didn't work anymore. I checked the RAM usage in WebUI and noticed that 89MB was in use while normally it consumed >120MB with Pyload.

I then went to 192.168.1.1:8000 which is Pyload WebUI. Chrome gave ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED immediately. Do I miss anything? :(Please help.

Update:
solved by restart Pyload in Putty.
Thanks again:)

Last edited:
Hi all,

I love to use ab-solution because it's easy and works great on my RT-AC3200.
My internet experience is much better than before.

I've only one problem, there's one user who loves to click on all the advertisement links who pop up at first in Google.

Is there a way to exclude a device from using ab-solution, while everyone else can have the benefits from ab-solution?

Kr.
Patrick

Hi all,

I love to use ab-solution because it's easy and works great on my RT-AC3200.
My internet experience is much better than before.

I've only one problem, there's one user who loves to click on all the advertisement links who pop up at first in Google.

Is there a way to exclude a device from using ab-solution, while everyone else can have the benefits from ab-solution?

Kr.
Patrick
Change that devices DNS settings to use Googles or something instead of the routers. Like 8.8.8.8

Change that devices DNS settings to use Googles or something instead of the routers. Like 8.8.8.8
Thanx mate,

That's easy, gonna try.
Works like a charm ;)

Last edited:
There will be other versions of this great tool or this is the last one?

There will be other versions of this great tool or this is the last one?
1.08 currently is the latest and greatest. This will change as soon as time permits.

this would be awesome integrated into the UI by merlin :) really needs a UI imho...
I agree. But the official release will never include an adblocker, RMerlin stated this several times. I have done some work in that direction and it involves a lot of jumps and tricks to sideload an UI into the existing firmware. A complete build of a separate "includes adblocking" firmware of his releases would be simpler to make from what I can tell so far.
What I fear is the permanent workload this would generate and the associated support questions not related to my modifications.

I have yet to make the decision to maintain the script only version of AB-Solution or to add the GUI version and abandon the former. My hunch is script only atm.

Last edited:
oh well either way the script is awesome imho... really does work wonders..... especially for places like couchtuner :D
though i do have a few issues

Allmyv and vspot show this error : server DNS address could not be found.

is there any way to fix this ? or for websites that display this issue DNS address couldd not be found.....

im guessing i have to add them to the whitelist..... though how do i get a websites dns address ?

EDIT: never mind fixed them, added to whitelist ;)

Last edited:
When I run the WGET command that you have on page one of this thread, it installs version 1.07 yet you say 1.08 is the latest. Can you please provide the correct command to install 1.08?
Thanks.

I've tried that and I can't get it to show anything but 1.07 as the version.
Delete the previous file on your router first, then wget the 1.08 with:
Code:
wget  www.ab-solution.info/releases/beta/ab-solution.sh
or even better using curl:
Code:
curl -O www.ab-solution.info/releases/beta/ab-solution.sh

@thelonelycoder would it really be that much extra work to maintain a fork of the original with your addons to?
Everytime there was a major stable version you would just merge the changes into your branch and that would be it?

Delete the previous file on your router first, then wget the 1.08 with:
Code:
wget  www.ab-solution.info/releases/beta/ab-solution.sh
or even better using curl:
Code:
curl -O www.ab-solution.info/releases/beta/ab-solution.sh
I'm sorry, but how do I delete the old file?
I really like your adblock tool here but I really think the documentation and instructions could use a little more work.

To delete the old file use
"cd /mnt/"
Then
"ls"
That will show you a list of the USB devices mounted on the router.
Find the one on which you have all files
Then use "cd YOURUSB" where YOURUSB is replaced with the name you found (probably something like sda1 or sda5).
Then use "ls" again and a list of files should come up, with a file called ab-solution.sh.
When you have found this use "rm ab-solution.sh" and that is it! You have deleted the file and you are ready to download the new one.

just curious. Does this block Youtube Video Ads that we can see on our Mobile when the Mobile is connected to Wireless?