What's new

AB-Solution 1.07 is out!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Well the point of my question is not if it works on dd-wrt it is why it does not. I mean why is this not working on dd-wrt and what would it require to make it work on dd-wrt

That is not what you asked. ;)

Hi all. I am experiencing problem with ab-solution.

When I got my AC68U, I setup Entware and installed Pyload without problem. Next day, I installed AB-solution with curl. It also ran smooth. All ads are gone but I noticed that I lost Entware and Pyload. Pyload won't load and opkg gives NOT FOUND in Putty.

I tried to re-install Entware and Pyload but then I lost AB-solution. Ads start to show up.

Could AB-solution co-exist with Entware? or Do I miss anything? Any help is appreciated.

hi @digimon04
As i also found out and posted about a bit earlier, there is a conflict in the postmount-script in the jffs partition.
what you will need to do is install either ab-solution or optware/entware, then go to /jffs/scripts/post-mount and copy everything in there (except the bin bash part (#!/bin/bash)). Then you wanna go ahead and install the other thing you want, then revisit the post-mount script and add the parts you copied before to the end of the script.
Hope this helps :)

Read the very first post ;-)

If you don't know how to ssh into router on Mac then this is how:
Open terminal and type: username@192.168.1.1 where username is the same you use when logging into the Web page Of the router

Remember to have enabled jffs partition before starting.

When you have ssh into the router then follow the guide from first page.

Well the point of my question is not if it works on dd-wrt it is why it does not. I mean why is this not working on dd-wrt and what would it require to make it work on dd-wrt
You could code your own for that platform...
Seriously, I do not have the time to port it to dd-wrt. There are several solutions that do the same function on their forums. Search for it.

Hi all. I am experiencing problem with ab-solution.

When I got my AC68U, I setup Entware and installed Pyload without problem. Next day, I installed AB-solution with curl. It also ran smooth. All ads are gone but I noticed that I lost Entware and Pyload. Pyload won't load and opkg gives NOT FOUND in Putty.

I tried to re-install Entware and Pyload but then I lost AB-solution. Ads start to show up.

Could AB-solution co-exist with Entware? or Do I miss anything? Any help is appreciated.
Just do as @smadremanden suggests. Both, AB-Sollution and Entware write a fresh /jffs/scripts/post-mount file when installing. Both make a backup of the previous file in a backup location. This is stated in clear words during install of both of them.

Last edited:
Thanks for the answer.:) I noticed when I installed AB-solution, I saw a line reading backing up /jffs/scripts/post-mount to another place.

But what are the steps to copy back the script from the backup folder to /jffs/scripts/post-mount ? I am not familiar with the terminal operations. I setup Entware and AB-solution in accordance with the step-by-step tutorials.

Thanks for the answer.:) I noticed when I installed AB-solution, I saw a line reading backing up /jffs/scripts/post-mount to another place.

But what are the steps to copy back the script from the backup folder to /jffs/scripts/post-mount ? I am not familiar with the terminal operations. I setup Entware and AB-solution in accordance with the step-by-step tutorials.
Install WinSCP then make a new connection using the SCP Protocol, with your routers credentials just as in a SSH terminal.
Then navigate to tmp/mnt/<your device>/adblocking/logs/ and open the backup file of the script and copy the missing contents to the file in /jffs/scripts.
Then reboot the router.

You could code your own for that platform...
Seriously, I do not have the time to port it to dd-wrt. There are several solutions that do the same function on their forums. Search for it.

Well okay I just think that your solution is so simple, clean and easy to use, setup and debug on.
I might just look into porting it.

My AC68U is running Entware and I found the below texts in my /jffs/scripts/post-mount now:

#!/bin/sh

if [ "$1" = "/tmp/mnt/sda1" ] ; then
ln -nsf $1/entware /tmp/opt
fi

And I found the below texts in my /tmp/mnt/sda1/adblocking/backup where I believe this is the backup when my AC68U ran AB-solution:

#!/bin/sh

# generated by AB-Solution 1.07

if [ -d "/tmp/mnt/sda1" ];then
sleep 2
service restart_dnsmasq
logger "AB-Solution added entries via post-mount"
fi

Which part should I copy from /tmp/mnt/sda1/adblocking/backup to /jffs/scripts/post-mount? Does the below one correct? Many thanks.

#!/bin/sh

fi

sleep 2
service restart_dnsmasq
fi

Super @digimon04 now you simply copy from # generated by AB-Solution 1.07 and onwards into the post-mount script, then do a reboot and presto! You have both up and running! ;)

@digimon04
This is your content:
Code:
#!/bin/sh

fi

sleep 2
service restart_dnsmasq
fi

You have four hosts file types to choose from. The types consist of various hosts files and are downloaded from very reputable sources and are maintained by the providers themselves.

is there an option add a different source for the hosts file?
There is no configurable option to change this through the interface.
However, you could modify the file /tmp/mnt/<yourdevice>/adblocking/scripts/update-hosts.sh to suit your needs.
When you're done modifying update-hosts.sh, run the (u) option to run it with the new settings.

Be aware that changes made in the AB-Solution interface through the (h) option and possible future updates of AB-Solution will overwrite that file. Make sure you have a backup of your changes.