What's new

AC-86U High Temperature (90 C)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Craytz43

New Around Here
Hey,

Recently I noticed some problems in my Wifi,
I looked a bit , and noticed the the Temp is quite high - IS IT NORMAL?

Its currnetly 30 C inside my home.
Is there a solution that I can do?

** freshly rebooted- and restored to default - after fresh install of latest merlin

1693781575855.png

1693781652988.png

1693782149035.png

1693781674779.png

Last edited:
That's about normal for that model. My RT-AC68U (a different model) had the same temperatures also.

Confirming normal for this model. Your home temperature is quite high though.

If the temperature gets closer to 100°C the CPU will start throttling and one core will shut down crippling the overall performance.

I had in the past issue with stability when AC86U temperature was above 85C - I just added on back 120mm USB fun. And do not keep in in close space.
It non need to be issue with CPU or wi-fi direct if you have such big temperature inside different components that are not monitored can be unstable.

you did not wrote what issues you have with wi-fi?

I had in the past issue with stability when AC86U temperature was above 85C - I just added on back 120mm USB fun. And do not keep in in close space.
It non need to be issue with CPU or wi-fi direct if you have such big temperature inside different components that are not monitored can be unstable.

you did not wrote what issues you have with wi-fi?
recently I bought a mi box streamer, and got 120 mb at the beginning , then something happened the last week , very week results , not stable. below 20mb , I got 500 mbit overall.