What's new

Adding WAP to ASUS 68U / Merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

net16

New Around Here
Hi,

I have a network setup with an ASUS 68U / Merlin 378.55.

To extend the wifi range of the ASUS I connected by wire an Airport Express router with wifi enabled and using the same wifi name and password as the ASUS. The Airport Express Router is assigned a manual DHCP IP address (and is in bridge mode).

I also have an Apple Time Capsule router - with wifi disabled. It is only acting as a network hard drive.

Questions:
(1) When I connect to the Airport Express by wifi with a device - the device is not listed in the ASUS Client List. However I do see the device if I connect by wifi directly to the ASUS 68U. Why can't I see the device name when it goes through the Airport Express?

(2) When I look at the ASUS Client List - the Time Capsule row has an icon to the left with a number in the upper right corner of the icon. If I hover over the number it says - "x clients are connecting to RT-AC68U through this device". Maybe this answers my first question but: (a) I would have expected the actual devices to be listed as per my first question; and (b) I would have expected to see this message associated with the Airport Express and not the Time Capsule since the Time Capsule's wifi is disabled.

Thanks!