What's new

Ai Cloud not working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dazz87

Occasional Visitor
Hello

For the past month I cant play my video files via Ai Cloud. I am able to see my hd and access my files. When I click on the file vlc will open but the file will not play when I click on the play button. Using chrome as my browser. I have made no change to my ASUS RT-N66U. I am running 3.0.0.4.270.24. Rmerlin. This happen when I am at home and outside of my network. Any suggestions?

Hello

For the past month I cant play my video files via Ai Cloud. I am able to see my hd and access my files. When I click on the file vlc will open but the file will not play when I click on the play button. Using chrome as my browser. I have made no change to my ASUS RT-N66U. I am running 3.0.0.4.270.24. Rmerlin. This happen when I am at home and outside of my network. Any suggestions?

AiCloud is highly unsecure on such an old firmware. Basically anyone can gain full access to your files over AiCloud. I strongly advise either disabling AiCloud, or upgrading your firmware.

270.24 is quite ancient, there has been no less than 15 separate firmware releases since that version came out.

AiCloud is highly unsecure on such an old firmware. Basically anyone can gain full access to your files over AiCloud. I strongly advise either disabling AiCloud, or upgrading your firmware.

270.24 is quite ancient, there has been no less than 15 separate firmware releases since that version came out.

Okay will do, didnt know about the security issue. Thanks

you may want to scan your ports to check if its open or not. I use this site http://www.whatsmyip.org/port-scanner/ to check the status of my ports but there's a lot like that on the web to choose from.

If your ISP closed your ports then AiCloud may not work properly.

Actually its something to do with Chrome browser. I just flash to the latest Merlin firmware (374.40) and still getting a no video when i select a file. Weird, thing is that it works on IE9 but not chrome. Try Aicloud on three different pc and chrome is the one having an issue. Missing a plugin for chrome? :confused:

I had 32-bit VLC installed and it didn't work.
I removed it and installed 64-bit VLC and it still didn't work.
So I installed 32-bit without removing 64-bit and now aicloud works in chrome.

Is there a 64bit and 32bit version of chrome?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!