What's new

[alpha] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.67 pre-beta test builds

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying alpha 2 on my 68U. The symptom where it takes a very long time to realize it has a WAN port dhcp/dns information upon boot persists. This symptom was not present in FW's up to the last 66_4 one. At least not for me.

The router does eventually agree the DHCP/DNS information is available and move on through the process.

EVENTUALLY.

Again something changed in this regard in the code. Had to.......

Smart Sync still not work, too sad.(( Or maybe there is option to make it work on 66_4 or 67 alpha 2?

Flashed RT-AC87U to 380.67_alpha2. No issues detected thus far in my environment with OVPN and The Ad Blocking Solution (3.8.1) installed. Thank you to everyone for keeping this alive!

Saw there was an update made overnight. I flashed to Alpha 2 this morning on router with OpenVPN All Traffic. No factory reset performed. Only thing I noticed is OpenVPN tunnel did not start up after a power reset. It took three clicks on the OpenVPN Apply Button to get it working.

got a strange issue i cant explain, seems that after upgrading to alpha 1 or prior to, it seems that i need to reboot the router in other to get open nat, i know the router reboots during a firmware upgrade, but it needs a second reboot to get upnp to forward ports correctly, its strange. After the reboot every thing works as per normal which is confusing. Could possibly be just my router

got a strange issue i cant explain, seems that after upgrading to alpha 1 or prior to, it seems that i need to reboot the router in other to get open nat, i know the router reboots during a firmware upgrade, but it needs a second reboot to get upnp to forward ports correctly, its strange. After the reboot every thing works as per normal which is confusing. Could possibly be just my router
Perhaps you should unplug the router for a few minutes and allow for the old settings to clear the memory and then reboot. I've seen weird stuff from this router and a soft reset works in many cases for me. I'm very happy that Merlin is developing firmware for our asus routers adding functionality and value to them.

Perhaps you should unplug the router for a few minutes and allow for the old settings to clear the memory and then reboot. I've seen weird stuff from this router and a soft reset works in many cases for me. I'm very happy that Merlin is developing firmware for our asus routers adding functionality and value to them.
I used to power cycle it by leaving it off for the night but since I have vdsl2 I Need both it and the modem on for my voip ATA, it never used to be an issue, though it could have been there and I never noticed it. The gui reboot fixes it, seems after I had the please manually reboot error for the first time my 88u has decided to become Un cooperative.

I also run the reboot scheduler every other early morning so it won't interfere with daytime calls or activities.

I tried the alpha2 build in my RT-AC5300 and still had the same outcome as for connection speed over wifi so I reverted back to 380.66_4. I was 3 ft away with 65Mbps connection. Using the 380.66_4 my connection is 1083Mbps.

Downloaded to my router (with very basic setup) about an hour ago. No issues.

All appears well with alpha_2.
Wired/wireless clients are connected and speed is good.
(pay for 250/30 and getting 300/30 wired).
Only Issue:
Still unable to connect to router via wireless clients (Although iOS app works).
I will attempt to do a full reset to try and fix router/wireless connectivity problem.

I see there are more model alphas. did you get the parts you need or just using what you had? as did not see a post for it.
thanks

All appears well with alpha_2.
Wired/wireless clients are connected and speed is good.
(pay for 250/30 and getting 300/30 wired).
Only Issue:
Still unable to connect to router via wireless clients (Although iOS app works).
I will attempt to do a full reset to try and fix router/wireless connectivity problem.
If you still have isssues after a reset, post your wifi settings and I will compare them with mine.

I see there are more model alphas. did you get the parts you need or just using what you had? as did not see a post for it.
thanks

No, I simply recompiled ate.o for models that needed it (since that's one for which I have the source code), and kept my fingers crossed that the other binary blobs are backward compatible. Only time will tell if they are. At least they don't need new functions, however it means that whatever fixes or changes Asus did on these models within that closed code will not be available for these models using older components.

... recompiled ate.o for models that needed it ...
The file src/router/rc/ate.c is a shared file, so the source code should be the same for all models? However, due to conditional compilation, ate.o can vary among all the different models.

Asus has released two other non-merlin GPL containing a different ate.c that run o Linux 3.2 and 4.x?
https://github.com/blackfuel/asuswrt-brt-ac828/blob/master/release/src/router/rc/ate.c
https://github.com/blackfuel/asuswrt-gt-ac5300/blob/master/release/src/router/rc/ate.c

The file src/router/rc/ate.c is a shared file, so the source code should be the same for all models? However, due to conditional compilation, ate.o can vary among all the different models.

That file should be identical since it's within rc/, however it should also be closed source, so there's no word as to how they handle it internally, nor to whether or not we have the correct latest version of it. Asus might possibly have different versions between their internal branches, but when they build the GPL tarball, they don't update it since it shouldn't even be there in the first place.

GT-AC5300 is on GPL 382 and BRT-828 is on GPL 380, so it's not unexpected for these two to be different.

I also run the reboot scheduler every other early morning so it won't interfere with daytime calls or activities.
i used to but i still havent worked out how to get that woking in my ata, since for some reation when the router is rebooted the ata has to be as well inorder to get its required ports to forward via upnp.

Is there any thing that i should be worried about or that would make ad ivasable to reset my 88u back to factory for?
kernel: rtl8365mb: module license 'Proprietary' taints kernel.
kernel: Disabling lock debugging due to kernel taint
kernel: <1>Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer derefere��U�at virtual address 00000000
kernel: <1>pgd = 9fb2c000
kernel: <1>[00000000] *pgd=5fadc031, *pte=00000000, *ppte=00000000
kernel: <0>Internal error: Oops: 17 [#1] PREEMPT SMP
kernel: <0>last sysfs file: /sys/module/bw_forward/parameters/dev_wan
kernel: <3>SQUASHFS error: xz_dec_��U�error, data probably corrupt
kernel: <3>SQUASHFS error: squashfs_read_data failed to read block 0x1589edead fragment cache entry [1589ed8]
kernel: <3>SQUASHFS error: Unable to read page, block 1589ed8, size b280
kernel: <3>SQUASHFS error: Unable to read fragment cache entry [1589ed8]
kernel: <3>SQUASHFS error: Unable t b280
kernel: <3>SQUASHFS error: Unabl1589ed8]
kernel: <3>SQUASHFS error: Unable to read page, blockerror: Unable to read fragment cck 1589ed8, size b280
kernel: <3>SQUASHlock 1589ed8, size b280

Is there any thing that i should be worried about

This is common after a firmware upgrade, there the shutdown process crashed due to trying to access portions of the filesystem that had just been overwritten by the flash process. The crash info is stored into a memory buffer, so it can get logged on the next boot.

oh ok then thnx I appreciate the help, I decided to rest it, any ways cause after ever firmware update I have to reboot it to get upnp to get game ports forwarded, laso after upgrading to alpha one some thing broke the freshprincejr qos script so I reloaded that and every thing seems fine now, so far so good the log is clean of those errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!