What's new

[Alpha] Preview builds for Asuswrt-Merlin 380.61

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

The RT-AC3200 is an oddball. It's based on an SDK version shared with no other models, and it's not a flagship model either, so it gets less frequent updates from Asus.

I don't see why that would be a mistake. Routers are purchased to share an Internet connection and provide wifi. If it works properly, then it's doing it's job as expected.

Yes but if I have less update or support because of what you said it's a bit frustrating since I paid 400$ for this router ...

Yes but if I have less update or support because of what you said it's a bit frustrating since I paid 400$ for this router ...

I don't believe you get less support. Just (possibly) not updated or released as quickly as other, more current, mainstream models.

Hmm. I don't know why my previous reply was cut off? But to complete it:

The current models are in much more need of tuning and bug squashing versus the older and more established RT-AC3200 model.

Download the good fw(merlin or asus) and the restoration tool from Asus site
Press and HOLD RESET button and power on the router....Release power button but keep pressing RESET til leds flash slowly, you are now in REcovery mode
Look at my link, you need to do some steps after( this is for AC66, but it worked with my AC68 )
ASUS Firmware Restoration version 2.0.0.0

HEre the steps:
https://www.asus.com/support/faq/1000814/

Followed your instructions and was able to get firmware 380.59 onto the AC87U I just recently purchased. Had trouble flashing it because I was receiving the following error message "Firmware upgrade unsuccessful. This may result from incorrect image or error transmission. Please check the version of firmware and try again." So upon further investigation, I found out about this firmware can't be flashed onto the asus firmware version 3.0.0.4.380_3459 that was installed on it.

Thanks!

Yet another very neat piece of work.
Merci Eric.