What's new

ASUS RT-AC87 Firmware - Official Releases

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I am curious, as others are, about the Trend Micro database and how often it is updated. If it isn't updated often, this would be an issue.
As far as I can see the database only covers certain signature like (wild guessing): vulnerabilities, rules on ports to monitor, etc. However, blacklisting of dangerous websites seems to happen on the fly over the cloud (no need of offline signature).

Therefore the database (offline) may not need to be updated often as it contains more generic rules while malware detection is always up-to-date as it is checked over TrendMicro servers (on access).

New Firmware:
http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=RT-AC87U

Asus RT-AC87U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.4376
Security related
- Upgrade OpenSSL library to 1.0.0q
- Fixed CVE-201301813
- Fixed the XSS vulnerability on page Main_Analysis_Content.asp

AiProtection fixes
- Fixed router reboot issue when disabled AiProtection
- Fixed kernel panic when wan reconnected
- Modified web history strings
- Updated signature to 1.030
- Optimize memory usage

Bug fixes
- Fixed IE9 compatibility issue
- Fixed NAT loopback issue
- Fixed abnormal SSH system log
- Fixed network map UI issues.
- Improved UDP performance

Other
- Added Movistar profile in IPTV setting page

I can't get to my router before the weekend after next, but I'm curious to read about others' experience in the meantime.

Is this an official one?....maybe the refined one with the complete re-write? Hopefully Apple stuff plays nice

I am trying now!!

1. MASSIVE PS4 LAG with " Nat Acceleration" ON MASSIVE: OFF it seems good!!

2. DNLA media server would not work: FIX : turn it off and on and apply!!!

3. TO BE continued........

IOS or wifi loss problems usually only show up in 24 to 48 hours, well see..

NOW with that said and the fixes above for the only 2 problems I see !!SO FAR!! I see no other problems YET!!

EDIT1:
still this, but it may not be any big deal at all, but for all to know.
Feb 25 17:31:43 kernel: br0: received packet on eth1 with own address as source address
Feb 25 17:34:39 kernel: br0: received packet on eth1 with own address as source address

WOW!!
3 hours later and lost wifi !!!!!!!!!JUNK!!!!!!! had to turn off and on wifi on iphone, wow!!
back to dd-wrt right now!!

dd-wrt has solved the wifi bug with ios??????

I am still testing, BUT I certainly have waaaayyyy less if any,
they keep on coming out with betas, the one 2 days ago had it but the latest does not so far (actually only 1 beta so far I had ios wifi loss, that I tested and only in the morning not 3 hours later like Asus firmware), follow my thread I post updated beta results there on dd-wrt.here

My wife is certainly happier with her ipad;)

Well, the question is: Update or not to new ASUS firmware? I dont see, or know fix 5.0GHz signal?

I can't get to my router before the weekend after next, but I'm curious to read about others' experience in the meantime.

Is this an official one?....maybe the refined one with the complete re-write? Hopefully Apple stuff plays nice
Yes, official. Didn't have problems with the previous one and no problem with the current. So, not the right user for providing feredback on resolved issues. I only noticed that the GUI reporting on database signature seems broken (number does not update).

Cheers,
Fax

Hello all,

New here, decided to join up after having tons of problems with my new RT-AC87U (switched from a 66U). I just updated to the new firmware this morning. Not much improvement. My notes:

1) still cant max out my fios speeds over wifi. Getting 180 - 220 up / down on my macbook pro and about 100 each way on my iphone. My 66U was getting 300 consistently.

2) So far no more dropouts on my iphone or the internet hanging and thinking it had a signal, but will continue to test.

3) My signature version is still at 1.010, not 1.030. Does this matter?

I have no reset the router after the firmware upgrade. I have rebooted it. Should I do a firmware reset? Would hate to have to reset up everything. I have heard against using a settings file after a reset. Any advice?

My signature version went from 1.028 to 1.008? Erased the NVRam and set up everything as new and no change. Was updating from Merlins build 50. Unless I'm reading this wrong, it should have gone to 1.030.

After applying .4376 my signature went from 1.030 to 1.008 (I was using Japan's version).
After performing all the manual setup of the router (I'm a bit freak, need to reset and reconfigure all manually) and rebooted it, signature went back to 1.030.

After performing all the manual setup of the router (I'm a bit freak, need to reset and reconfigure all manually) and rebooted it, signature went back to 1.030.
Good to know, thanks. So, apparently we need a reset (and manual configuration) to get the right signature number. :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!