What's new

ASUS RT-AC87 Firmware - Official Releases

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Did you restored the old settings or really inputed them manually one by one? Just to be sure...

Have no lag issues whatsoever that the router introduces and I'm hardwired.

Perhaps your connection or other components is/are at fault?

This router introduces ps4 lag with NAT acceleration on , it has for months now ,
I have disconnected everything in the past and just let the ps4 on the router, and still had the lag.
It's the routers firmware for sure 99999999999999999900.99%. That's how sure I am .

With NAT acceleration off = No lag
dd-wrt has no lag at all and less than asus firmware with that setting off on the asus firmware. Go figure..

Now I know my ISP sucks but I have no other option , you must have fiber.

Test

Hello all,

New here, decided to join up after having tons of problems with my new RT-AC87U (switched from a 66U). I just updated to the new firmware this morning. Not much improvement. My notes:

1) still cant max out my fios speeds over wifi. Getting 180 - 220 up / down on my macbook pro and about 100 each way on my iphone. My 66U was getting 300 consistently.

2) So far no more dropouts on my iphone or the internet hanging and thinking it had a signal, but will continue to test.

3) My signature version is still at 1.010, not 1.030. Does this matter?

I have no reset the router after the firmware upgrade. I have rebooted it. Should I do a firmware reset? Would hate to have to reset up everything. I have heard against using a settings file after a reset. Any advice?

When I use a Macbook Pro late 2014 with the AC protocol I get 242/92 (I have 250/100) so with those figures Im very happy.

A big BUT though I use RMerlin 378.50_0 build

Good Luck!

Regards,
Christian

I reset, after update, configure manually and still 1.008. Any ideas?
Thanks

I had the exact same problem as you. Stuck on 1.008 and I was on 1.028 before. I reinstalled 3.0.0.4.378_4376 again on top of 3.0.0.4.378_4376. This time it did not ask me to manually reboot the device and immediately went back into the normal web ui after the firmware update progress bar reached 100%. I then performed a factory reset from the web ui and re-entered everything manually and now I am on 1.030. It only showed up as 1.030 after I had hit apply a couple of times after some of the setting were entered. Seems kind of random since this is exactly what I did the first time but it did not work then. Seems like you have to do it over again. I hope this helps.

Last edited:
I had the exact same problem as you. Stuck on 1.008 and I was on 1.028 before. I reinstalled 3.0.0.4.378_4376 again on top of 3.0.0.4.378_4376. This time it did not ask me to manually reboot the device and immediately went back into the normal web ui after the firmware update progress bar reached 100%. I then performed a factory reset from the web ui and re-entered everything manually and now I am on 1.030. It only showed up as 1.030 after I had hit apply a couple of times after some of the setting were entered. Seems kind of random since this is exactly what I did the first time but it did not work then. Seems like you have to do it over again. I hope this helps.
That's a big s_ _t.

Any problem with leaving 1.008?

Would not only be a mistake to show the wrong version, when in fact the version is 1030?

That's a big s_ _t.

Any problem with leaving 1.008?

Would not only be a mistake to show the wrong version, when in fact the version is 1030?

I am most definitely no expert but I don't think it is a big deal. I believe it's just something that is stuck on the router but after a few wipes and installs it clears up. I don't think it has anything to do with the performance of the device. One of the many experts here can correct me if I'm wrong. Also, people are reporting the same issue on HWZ. So it was not just us.

I am most definitely no expert but I don't think it is a big deal. I believe it's just something that is stuck on the router but after a few wipes and installs it clears up. I don't think it has anything to do with the performance of the device. One of the many experts here can correct me if I'm wrong. Also, people are reporting the same issue on HWZ. So it was not just us.

For now i lieve 1.008, and how behaviour in router. Really i dont want performer a lot of wipes again.
I wrote to ASUS report this. Waiting any answer. i hope.

Hi,

The only bug i have notice on my AC87U since the latest firmware was installed, is the WPS are still enable on 5Ghz after i disable WPS. After a reboot. It's enable on 5Ghz. :(

It has been running now for over 6 hours, no other problems to report yet.

- No drop on 2.4 or 5G
- UPnP seems to work
- No NAT loopback issue
- Adaptive QoS works good with Apps analysis

And my signature version is 1.030

Last edited:
This router introduces ps4 lag with NAT acceleration on , it has for months now ,
I have disconnected everything in the past and just let the ps4 on the router, and still had the lag.
It's the routers firmware for sure 99999999999999999900.99%. That's how sure I am .

With NAT acceleration off = No lag
dd-wrt has no lag at all and less than asus firmware with that setting off on the asus firmware. Go figure..

Now I know my ISP sucks but I have no other option , you must have fiber.

For what it's worth I'm not sure if the firmware is necessarily to blame here - I have zero PS4 lag on any firmware (Asus or Merlin's) with NAT acceleration on over WiFi even.

If i understandig, signature 1.030 is like the same thing a virus database update. I don not use aiprotection. Well, signature file 1.008 or 1.030 is not make difference.

Exactly the signature version refers to Trend Micro's DB. as far I read in other places.
In my case I don't use AiProtection, so I don't care.

About the WPS, on this version (not like the Japan's one), I could turn off WPS on both bands without issue. And so far I'm not having drops on 5Ghz band.

What is still not working:
-Traffic Speedometers
-App. Analyzer speeds
-App. Analyzer considers most of the traffic "General" (probably because most of it is encrypted, so it's unable to identify what is)
So I doubt smart QoS will work, but I'll try later to see how it works.
-Web History Tab remains empty

@sentinelvdx
To use the mentioned features you need to enable the AiProtection. It's the Trend Micro DPI Engine that does all the work to present those data. Therefore your 'not working' report is invalid.

ASUS answer about signature:

Dear muccioli>
>first sorry for this issue . we have known it . we will solve it as soon as . sorry again .>
>sincerely>
>ASUS support >
>Zhilong>

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!