What's new

Asus-RT-AC87U Problems

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Tritonbassman

New Around Here
I am going to preface this post and say that I am by no means a network professional, so please excuse me if I forget to include something in this post. I sincerely appreciate any and all help or suggestions.

I have two ASUS RT-AC87U routers in my 2 story house.
I have one router setup: Operation Mode: Wireless router (Firmware: Merlin 380.57_0)
The second router is: Operation Mode: Access Mode (AP) mode (Firmware: Merlin 380.57_0)

I always seem to experience intermittent internet speeds (should be 75/75 via Fios). I also frequently have to switch between the two routers to obtain a decent 5 ghz connection on my iMac. On a weekly basis I also have to reset both routers to keep everything functioning properly.

I wanted to post my log files to each router and see if someone could possibly see a mistake in configuration, causing the problems I am experiencing. Again, thank you very much for any input or assistance you may be able to offer.

File 1 is my wireless router:
File 2 is my Access Point

Attachments

• Wireless Router.txt
    282.2 KB · Views: 447
  • Access Point.txt
    281.4 KB · Views: 640
I always seem to experience intermittent internet speeds (should be 75/75 via Fios). I also frequently have to switch between the two routers to obtain a decent 5 ghz connection on my iMac. On a weekly basis I also have to reset both routers to keep everything functioning properly.
First the obvious topics:
Did you do a factory reset after the firmware update(s) and reconfigured the router/AP manually (or use John's NVRAM save/restore tool)? :rolleyes:

As you have wireless issues with Apple devices, you should look into the professional page of the router and search for the best settings there (e.g. enable the Roaming assistant).

After re-config of the devices you should let them work for a few days to see if things improved, or not... :cool: