What's new

Asus RT N66U VB2

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

vaio6

New Around Here
Last week, I purchased a new unit of RT N66U n I discovered that the label at the back says hardware version B2.

Haven't heard of this version and not listed in Asus support site either.

Any one got any idea ?

I failed on Aicloud setup, just couldn't get the Aicloud URL connected as well as iOS app setup failed to set it up.

Thanks folks !

Last edited:
What is the FCC ID (printed on the label on the bottom of the unit)? I don't see anything new in the database under the old FCC ID #

Here is the label

Attachments

• 1369929417_picsay-1369929417.jpg
    1369929417_picsay-1369929417.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 451
Thanks. But I need the information to the left of that area.
Look for "FCC ID"

From what I've read, the B2 version just has some small pc board revisions and maybe small component changes to less expensive or more available ones, nothing that affects functionality or firmware.

From what I've read, the B2 version just has some small pc board revisions and maybe small component changes to less expensive or more available ones, nothing that affects functionality or firmware.

I think that was the PCBoard revision 3.20 vs the original 3.00. This revision B2 is something new. I wonder if it might be to indicate routers that ship with a newer CFE?

We need to poke at Jeremy for this one I guess :)

Here you go

FCC ID: MSQ-RTN66U
IC:3668A-RTN66U

Thanks guys

Attachments

• 20130531_055342.jpg
    20130531_055342.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 543