What's new

ASUS RT-NT56U Connection Issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RRaghu

New Around Here
I have a ASUS RT-NT56U Router. The Firware update that I have currently is : 3.0.0.4.378_4850-g727db45

I have the following Problems with the router. Would appreciate if some one can help me over here....

- The Router disconnects every day at around noon time .....is there a reset time in the router , so that I can change it to a different time.

- The Router disconnects intermittently when visiting some websites (they are random sites ....even like yahoo.com etc) , is there a way to find what setting
is making it to drop the connection?

Thank You

RR

I have a ASUS RT-NT56U Router. The Firware update that I have currently is : 3.0.0.4.378_4850-g727db45
I have the following Problems with the router. Would appreciate if some one can help me over here....
- The Router disconnects every day at around noon time .....is there a reset time in the router , so that I can change it to a different time.
- The Router disconnects intermittently when visiting some websites (they are random sites ....even like yahoo.com etc) , is there a way to find what setting
is making it to drop the connection?
Thank You
RR

If you have not done so already, restore the router to its factory defaults: Administration>
Restore/Save/Upload Setting>Factory Default. Do not use a saved configuration to restore router setup but start from scratch and manually change the bare minimum to return to your desired setup (ie., login, password, wifi security settings, location, etc.).

I use this router as a secondary behind an RT-N66U and it does not reset without a power cycle. You may have a corrupted configuration or you may have updated your firmware without erasing old config data, causing the problem.

If the above fails, revert to the previous (stable) version, 3.0.0.4.376_3879, as the beta version may have introduced some wierdness...it is working fine on my router.

Last edited:
Thank you for the reply .....appreciate it.

Once I reset to factory default, should i have to update the Firmware again to current version?

Thank you for the reply .....appreciate it.

Once I reset to factory default, should i have to update the Firmware again to current version?

If resettiing to factory defaults solves the problem, leave it alone and do not update or change the firmware.

Check your modem. I know my cable ISP updates or reboots the modem daily at 2 AM my time.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk