What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 3.0.0.4.246.19 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

diskmon has nothing to do with IPv6. It's a new service Asus is still in the process of implementing which will take care of running scheduled filesystem checks on plugged USB disks.

I don't think this service will start if you don't have a plugged USB disk. And you can safely ignore those scheduled restarts, they are perfectly normal.

diskmon has nothing to do with IPv6. It's a new service Asus is still in the process of implementing which will take care of running scheduled filesystem checks on plugged USB disks.

I don't think this service will start if you don't have a plugged USB disk. And you can safely ignore those scheduled restarts, they are perfectly normal.

I would love to ignore the log but it causing my DSC TL-150 to lose connectivity ever time it occurs. When that happens my alarm system makes an annoying beeping noise until I hold the # key down. This happens every hour on the dot when the restart_diskmon occurs.

Merlin is this disabled in Latest release: 3.0.0.4.266.23b ? or should I just go back to 220?

Last edited:
I would love to ignore the log but it causing my DSC TL-150 to lose connectivity ever time it occurs. When that happens my alarm system makes an annoying beeping noise until I hold the # key down. This happens every hour on the dot when the restart_diskmon occurs.

Merlin is this disabled in Latest release: 3.0.0.4.266.23b ? or should I just go back to 220?

I don't see how the two could be related since diskmon only deals with local filesystems. You could try disabling it with this command:

nvram set diskmon_force_stop=1

Not sure if that'd work however - I didn't look at the code to see if that option took care of it or was meant for something else.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!