What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 3.0.0.4.354.27 Beta 1

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Thanks for the feedback on the RT-N16 build. Asus changed the filesystem a bit in the wireless driver folder, instead of having two separate copies of the drivers, they have the RT-N16 drivers symlinked to the RT-N66U ones - a change that hadn't been carried on in my merge. So most likely the build ended up having a mixture of the old drivers and the new ones.
The N66U Beta 1 build has a mixture of drivers? Thats odd because now is working fine for me! :D

The N66U Beta 1 build has a mixture of drivers? Thats odd because now is working fine for me! :D

No, the RT-N16 build did since it was expecting a symlinks, and instead had older files in its driver directory.

My PS3 report UPNP is off with this version, I had to put back the original firmware for now, will try later but will erase the nvram and try again.

Reloading your saved settings will completely reverse the benefit of resetting back to factory defaults, since you end up reloading the exact same settings you started with. You have to manually reconfigure your settings.

But, if the settings are going to be exactly the same, how is that different? I'm not arguing that it IS different, just trying to understand. Sorry if it's a dumb question :eek:

After some more testing I reverted to the .26b firmware.

The wireless performance is not on par.
For sure a Beta release from Asus if you ask me.

- throughput is lower and less consistent.
- connecting to the 5GHz signal doesn't work at all sometimes.
(Yes, I did the factory default stuff and entered all settings from scratch as I always do.)

None of these problems with .26b :)

Just IMHO.

Last edited:
But, if the settings are going to be exactly the same, how is that different? I'm not arguing that it IS different, just trying to understand. Sorry if it's a dumb question :eek:
I think RMerlin meant that if your settings are the cause of the problem you're having, resetting to the factory defaults will not matter if you're putting back the problematic config files. You will just be back to square one.

My PS3 report UPNP is off with this version, I had to put back the original firmware for now, will try later but will erase the nvram and try again.
Working fine over here:

ps3z.png

Playing COD Black Ops 2

The settings will not be the same. What you can edit on the webui is only a fraction of the settings - there are a LOT of low-level settings that are automatically handled by the firmware. These are not all the same between 270 and 354.

My own PS3 reports "UPnP: Available" here.

I have the RT-N66U.

Interesting, I just played around with connecting and reconnecting that I noticed that the link speed for the 5Ghz network seems dynamic. It's 216Mbit right now.

I suspect there's an issue with the RT-N66U and the Centrino 6230 with the new driver. While it works fine with my RT-AC66U, my laptop is totally unable to connect to the RT-N66U on the 5 GHz band with the Centrino 6230. I'll contact Asus about it, see if they can reproduce the issue on their end.

UPDATE: the issue seems to only occur while the 5 GHz band is set to 40 MHz width. That might mean it's not specific to the Centrino 6230, but to 40 MHz width in general.

Anyone could test this for me on an RT-N66U? Have the 5 GHz band set to 40 MHz, and let me know if you are able to connect, and at what rate. Also specify which network card you have, so I can tell if it's a single, dual or triple stream card.

Last edited:
I tested with a Dell laptop with DW1530 WLAN card.

A lot of problems connecting to 5GHz as well.
Working fine with .26b

FWIW

I also had some problems with my laptop with a Linksys AE3000 wireless adapter this morning, reconnecting on 5GHz.. It eventually connected, but had to try several times. Not the case with 26b. The wireless range also seems a little less on this release.

There are some nice things about this release, but wireless seems to need a little work. Going back to 26b.

The settings will not be the same. What you can edit on the webui is only a fraction of the settings - there are a LOT of low-level settings that are automatically handled by the firmware. These are not all the same between 270 and 354.

That makes perfect sense. Thank you :)

I had some connection problems earlier when I read about the 150Mbit thing and was trying things out. I did have trouble reconnecting at that point to the 5Ghz net. It's fine right now though.

Btw the link speed seems to be getting reduced to 150Mbit eventually. Also I am noticing that I can only upload 11-12Mb/s to my NAS where I used to be able to upload 16-17Mb/s before. All of this on the 5Ghz with 40 Mhz and a Centrino 6300.

I Emailed Asus about the 5 GHz issues on the RT-N66U, will see if they have any additional info for me this week.

In the mean time, try setting your 5 GHz band to 20 Mhz, see if it at least helps you to connect to it.

Got this error when trying to upload the beta1

RT-N66U here.

EDIT:

OMG!!! WHAT A SHAME!!!
I WAS ON THE WRONG TAB! :p

Laughing a lot here! :D

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-03-31 at 19.04.43.png
    Screen Shot 2013-03-31 at 19.04.43.png
    59.4 KB · Views: 451
Last edited:
I also had 5 GHz wireless issues with the 3.0.0.4.354 firmware. There was lag, choppy performance, and disconnects on some my wireless devices. I did not have issues on the 2.4 GHz band. I have reverted back to the previous firmware for now.

No issues with 5GHz at all with the 354 firmware.

I use lower channels as I have found the higher ones (triple number channels) sometimes cause devices to have issues connecting.

In my tests this happens with all of the firmware for the 66u.

Currently using channel 36 as it seems the best.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!