What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.7 beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
After dirty upgrade from alpha2 all is up and running. All iot devices back online, OVPN is working as expected.

I forced the "tasmota plugs" (ESP8266) via command line to connect only with "g" standard. So they stayed all connected without disconnection since I tested the alphas.

Did upgrade the newest Beta.
Very fast, no issued detected.
Will let it run for today.

Configured IGD2 enabled, will see how it performs for us here.

1000120411.jpg

1000120415.jpg

Attachments

• 1000120412.jpg
    1000120412.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 47
Updated from 3004.388.6_2 to the 3004.388.7 beta.

After the update:
  • Web GUI unresponsive
  • SSD drive wont mount
  • VPN servers/clients wont come up
  • Getting error about: "Your router is running low on free JFFS storage, which might affect its stability. Review the content of the /jffs directory on your router.
Edit1: SSD Drive came up now. Will see if it needs some time to settle.
Edit2: Waited some time for router to settle down, but it never did. Managed to do a factory reset and everything working ok for now. Just needs some setting up.

Last edited:
I did a clean install for once. Wizard hang once for me, if someone got time i recommend to do a clean install with beta firmware on AX88U. Maybe i was just unlucky, but otherwise everything is setup from scratch and working fine.

388.6 to 388.7b1
no issues found
sysinfo page is gorgeous

Filthy upgrade from Alpha 2 on all gear here.

No issues observed off the hop. All devices re-connected fine. DNS Director, VPN Director both good. DDNS good. IPTV good. IOT/Nest/TP-Link devices all good.

Reboots all done - time to let it settle.

Cheers @RMerlin and team!

CHANGED: SIP, RTSP and H323 ALG (NAT helpers) are now disabled by default, as these legacy features tend to create issues with modern VoIP setups. This change will only apply to people doing a factory default reset of their router.

How do we set existing routers to these defaults? Is it as simple as changing the setting to "Disabled" on the NAT Passthrough settings page?

Also, have been running the alpha build with the IGDv2 enabled. Have not noticed any issues.

the sysinfo page looks great and the update to the memory info is awesome. I think the cache value was broken on the AX68 before this, as it was usually showing very little cache and very little free. Now I am showing around 180Mb free with half of that being cache. This makes much more sense than the way it was showing before.

How do we set existing routers to these defaults? Is it as simple as changing the setting to "Disabled" on the NAT Passthrough settings page?
You actually set the to the normal "Enabled" without the helper. The sip issue has been known about for years on many routers - I thought everybody knew.

You actually set the to the normal "Enabled" without the helper. The sip issue has been known about for years on many routers - I thought everybody knew.
Hmmm I also understood RMerlin to mean it as to change the setting to "Disabled"... 😅

Hmmm I also understood RMerlin to mean it as to change the setting to "Disabled"... 😅
It's more about the helper, known in other circles as SIP-ALG. It mixes packets up.

It's more about the helper, known in other circles as SIP-ALG. It mixes packets up.
Yeah I got that, But the Helper option is gone, and it was left as Enabled after update. But what RMerlin wrote as for only factory reset, it sounds like it should be default Disabled after it... It just sounds like that. ;)
Or that now the helpers are still enabled?

No, the advice you are giving is for the old way, clearly you have not read the release notes. From here forward, the default (and recommended setting) is "Disabled", as this will still allow these types of packets to pass through. The setting of "Enabled" only turns on the ALG helpers. There isn't a third option anymore of "Enabled + Helpers".

No, the advice you are giving is for the old way, clearly you have not read the release notes. From here forward, the default (and recommended setting) is "Disabled", as this will still allow these types of packets to pass through. The setting of "Enabled" only turns on the ALG helpers. There isn't a third option anymore of "Enabled + Helpers".
So I did understand it correctly (the sam way).
An that what he meant was the option will not change to Default-Disable and remain Enable (if set as that before FW update), unless you Factory reset your router.
For others, to change to new Default they have to do it manually for those 3 options to - Disable.

Last edited:
An that what he meant was the option will not change to Default-Disable and remain Enable (if set as that before FW update), unless you Factory reset your router.
For others, to change to new Default they have to do it manually for those 3 options to - Disable.
I just used to disable just the helper option with no issues. See, I'm still learning 👍🏼

Last edited:
Got mine set like this now. I will see if there is any change in Teams VOIP calls this coming week. Had been working pretty good prior to this anyway so as long as it does not get worse.

1713713950836.png

Last edited:
In my case, without doing a default reset when upgrading from the last stable firmware version to the second alpha, all of my relevant settings went from "Enabled" (NOT the "Enabled + Helpers" setting), to the newly recommended "Disabled". This was initially very confusing until we started to hear the background reasons for the change from @RMerlin .

In my case, without doing a default reset when upgrading from the last stable firmware version to the second alpha, all of my relevant settings went from "Enabled" (NOT the "Enabled + Helpers" setting), to the newly recommended "Disabled". This was initially very confusing until we started to hear the background reasons for the change from @RMerlin .
For me it went from from "Enabled + Helpers" setting, to "Enabled".
And then Manually to the newly recommended "Disabled".

Status
Not open for further replies.