What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.7 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Dirty upgrade from 388.5.
No issues.
WAN aggregation, cron job scheduling, dnsmasq setup, startup scripting, usb drive mounting all worked as expected.
Media server indexing, logging and playback all worked as expected.
Had to re-export and reload SSL certificate to Windows (expected).

Working well after upgrade from beta.

I noticed the 2x10Gbps ports on my AXE16000 show as 0Gbps when connected to any switches with copper 10g SFP.

I have to do some more testing to see if throughput is actually affected, but any idea why this might be?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Only problem comes from DDNS Let's Encrypt SSL cert issuance. It went from Issued to Unknown, anyway resolved using same method --> switch to Auto then back to Let's Encrypt.

As usual a initial dirty upgrade caused speed problems but a clean upgrade solved it. Thanks!

Updated with no issues! Thank you. Nice graphic edition in sysinfo but Network Map ram info gives different numbers. Is cache considered free RAM?
Memory network map.png

New sysinfo
Memory sysinfo.png

scMerlin
Memory scmerlin.png

Yes, that's exactly what it is. Cache will be flushed if RAM is needed.

Dirty upgrade from 388.6_2 to RT-AX68U. Sound and clear operation. Thanks to Merlin. Any hints to the mode of formatting and connecting USB flash drive for SMB and FTP server use?

Dirty upgrade from 388.6_2 to RT-AX68U. Sound and clear operation. Thanks to Merlin. Any hints to the mode of formatting and connecting USB flash drive for SMB and FTP server use?
If you use Linux then ext4, otherwise ntfs would probably be best. Connecting? Just plug it in ;)

Any hints to the mode of formatting and connecting USB flash drive for SMB and FTP server use?
Nothing to it. Plug in the USB drive. If the USB drive is not in a supported format, then format the drive through the router GUI interface. From there you can setup the features you need (media serving, SMB, FTP, etc.)
Note: Just understand that a router with an attached USB drive is not a true NAS. Depending on the use one can drag down their router (due to it's limited processor and memory) trying to use it as a full fledged NAS. If you need add-on scripts for the Asus-Merlin firmware see the addon subforum for various scripts some of which require a USB drive.

System log tab with auto refresh enabled still hangs the browser. Once it is disabled (if you can disable it) it is fine.

System log tab with auto refresh enabled still hangs the browser.
I can't confirm it works here with the ax88u pro and firefox.

System log tab with auto refresh enabled still hangs the browser. Once it is disabled (if you can disable it) it is fine.
Works fine for me also...

I've waited a long time for the 388 branch to become mature enough. Looks like 388.7 will be the one. I have not seen any issues reported that would have affected me (unlike version 1 to 6). After careful planning and ensuring my documentation was sound, it was a smooth upgrade -> full reset -> setup. Took less than an hour.

I don't usually post on successful updates, but it has been a good while since I have been able to do an update and be certain that I would not regret it. Thank you to the developer and the those willing to alfa and bata test the firmware.

Cheers

Nothing to it. Plug in the USB drive. If the USB drive is not in a supported format, then format the drive through the router GUI interface. From there you can setup the features you need...
Note: Just understand that a router with an attached USB drive is not a true NAS. Depending on the use one can drag down their router (due to it's limited processor and memory) trying to use it as a full fledged NAS. If you need add-on scripts for the Asus-Merlin firmware see the addon subforum for various scripts some of which require a USB drive.
Any special need for SWAP position? No /home, / or /boot requirements? I've heard of 'jffs' being demanding for some special treatment on file system.
And could you please direct me to that 'subforum' I got lost here a little.

And could you please direct me to that 'subforum' I got lost here a little.

Swap (created through AMTM) is generally not needed for basic use unless you are using a add-on script that requires or benefits from it.

Hello,
Everything works fine after one day, but I noticed a new thing in the logs :
What's it all about ?
Apr 29 20:04:19 dnsmasq[1158]: read /etc/hosts - 22 names
Apr 29 20:04:19 dnsmasq[1158]: using nameserver 127.0.1.1#53
Apr 29 20:04:19 dnsmasq[1158]: using only locally-known addresses for mask-h2.icloud.com
Apr 29 20:04:19 dnsmasq[1158]: using only locally-known addresses for mask.icloud.com
Apr 29 20:04:19 dnsmasq[1158]: using only locally-known addresses for _dns.resolver.arpa
Apr 29 20:04:19 dnsmasq[1158]: using only locally-known addresses for use-application-dns.net
Apr 29 20:04:19 dnsmasq[1158]: using nameserver 127.0.1.1#53
Apr 29 20:04:19 dnsmasq[1158]: using only locally-known addresses for mask-h2.icloud.com
Apr 29 20:04:19 dnsmasq[1158]: using only locally-known addresses for mask.icloud.com
Apr 29 20:04:19 dnsmasq[1158]: using only locally-known addresses for _dns.resolver.arpa
Apr 29 20:04:19 dnsmasq[1158]: using only locally-known addresses for use-application-dns.net

Anyone else notice issues with DNSSEC ? I am not sure when it started, could have been on a prior release. Normally I have DNS pointed to another server. I was doing some work on it so changed DNS to router and eventually figured out it would only work with DNSSEC disabled. Otherwise I get a SERVFAIL back trying to do nslookup. This was even if DNS is set to Quad9 which I know supports DNSSEC
You're not alone on this. Almost 48 hours working fine and suddenly I lost Internet connection. I was using Quad9 + DoT just fine. I tried to use DNSSEC instead, it worked for 10 minutes and same thing. Disabled DNSSEC and DoT and everything back to normal. Plus, it reverted on Band 1 5Ghz 160Mhz to 80Mhz, something it had stopped doing long ago. I restarted the router and reflashed, same thing. It is the first time in months that I have issues with Merlin firmware. Additional data: I use a Nokia modem from my ISP provider. Internet connection to that modem working fine. Weird.