What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 376.44 Beta 1 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

another thought on settings after flash,

would taking tha output of this

Code:
nvram show all

and then creating a script to set parameter be a good way to backup and recover settings ?

Not a big issue but I guess its worth noting. When manually assigning an ip address, although the name shows up, when selected it changes to undefined instead off prefilling the computer name. This is on the AC87R. In the past it would prefill the computer name when selected. (AC68U)

Last edited:
Not a big issue but I guess its worth noting. When manually assigning an ip address, although the name shows up, when selected it changes to undefined instead off prefilling the computer name. This is on the RT8U. In the past it would prefill the computer name when selected. (AC68U)

Fixed, thanks.

To those still having issues with the 5 GHz band, as I noted in my Beta 2 post, you have to reconfigure your wifi settings to re-apply the correct ones. If need be, temporarily change Wifi mode and channel to a different value, apply, then switch back to their original values, then apply again.

time machine won't recognise my usb drive connected to my ac68u running 44 beta2. Its a pity that Merlin don't like dealing with Apple's properitary stuff. had to revert back to 43.2 for now

time machine won't recognise my usb drive connected to my ac68u running 44 beta2. Its a pity that Merlin don't like dealing with Apple's properitary stuff. had to revert back to 43.2 for now

Anything in Syslog regarding the USB disk detection?

nothing special in the syslog. I can connect to the usb disk via smb just fine. its the time machine which won't recognise the disk.

Traffic Manager

Using Beta 2 on RT-AC68R
I am seeing the following while running a speed test using my Nexus 5 on 5GHZ AC.
Under primary wan, the graph scale changes to show the increase in traffic, but the graph does not rise to represent it. However, on the 5GHZ page everything is represented as it should be-scale changes and graph "plots" correctly. Running 50/30 connection.

To those still having issues with the 5 GHz band, as I noted in my Beta 2 post, you have to reconfigure your wifi settings to re-apply the correct ones. If need be, temporarily change Wifi mode and channel to a different value, apply, then switch back to their original values, then apply again.
What post and settings?

I changed it to something random and it still cant be detected. 2.4 has also gone weaker.

I recently bought an RT-AC68U and put on beta1, followed the upgrade instructions to beta2 but am still having problems with selecting a channel in 2.4Ghz mode.

I have tried putting everything to auto, applying, then selecting 40mhz/channel 4 but it always goes back to channel 1. When selecting 40mhz and auto channel it goes to channel 2?

Also I love the ability to rename clients but the names seem to be getting lost when the router is rebooted, is this happening for anyone else? If so could they be persisted?

I recently bought an RT-AC68U and put on beta1, followed the upgrade instructions to beta2 but am still having problems with selecting a channel in 2.4Ghz mode.

I have tried putting everything to auto, applying, then selecting 40mhz/channel 4 but it always goes back to channel 1. When selecting 40mhz and auto channel it goes to channel 2?

Also I love the ability to rename clients but the names seem to be getting lost when the router is rebooted, is this happening for anyone else? If so could they be persisted?

I have the RT-AC66R and the only thing that does not stick after reboot are the custom pictures for each client. They revert back to default on reboot.

Running beta 1 at the moment. I haven't had a chance to flash beta 2.

I will probably upload a (final) Beta 3 tonight, which includes the merge with GPL 376_2044, and a other few minor fixes.

I will probably upload a (final) Beta 3 tonight, which includes the merge with GPL 376_2044, and a other few minor fixes.
does this fix the 2.4ghz problems I have on my 68u and n66u
ie, stuck on channel 1-20mhz no matter what?

First of all: Thank you very much RMerlin for your work!

I have a question: I'm using an RT-N16 with current 376.44-beta2. For me it looks like it has a memory leak, if I navigate through the web pages.

E.g. memory usage after boot up:

Code:
Used: 38368

Then I navigate to the Guest Network tab:

Code:
Used: 38504

And so on, just clicking through pages:

Code:
Used: 38608
Used: 38768
Used: 38796
Used: 38840
Used: 38928
Used: 39108
Used: 39116

Memory will never be freed after that. Do you have an idea, RMerlin?

Awesome, I'll actually have time to play around tomorrow.

does this fix the 2.4ghz problems I have on my 68u and n66u
ie, stuck on channel 1-20mhz no matter what?

I can't reproduce that problem, so I recommend waiting for the final release, and doing a factory default reset after updating to it.

First of all: Thank you very much RMerlin for your work!

I have a question: I'm using an RT-N16 with current 376.44-beta2. For me it looks like it has a memory leak, if I navigate through the web pages.

E.g. memory usage after boot up:

Code:
Used: 38368

Then I navigate to the Guest Network tab:

Code:
Used: 38504

And so on, just clicking through pages:

Code:
Used: 38608
Used: 38768
Used: 38796
Used: 38840
Used: 38928
Used: 39108
Used: 39116

Memory will never be freed after that. Do you have an idea, RMerlin?

Here I see the memory drop a bit the first time I access a particular page, and after that it remains stable if I reload that page or re-access one of the previously accessed page. I suspect what you are seeing is the filesystem buffering, along with other services running in background also using their share of memory.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!