What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 376.44 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Now I keep getting this error:

"Errors have been detected on your hard drive. Remove any damaged files or use a PC to correct system issues." Under the disk utility scan:confused:

Have you tried doing what it recommends?

People with wireless issues, please apply the "Important2" section from the original post.

Now I keep getting this error:

"Errors have been detected on your hard drive. Remove any damaged files or use a PC to correct system issues." Under the disk utility scan:confused:

I've had a similar error in the past. Reconnect your hard-drive to your PC, use chkdsk if necessary (although it likely won't find anything), then remember to safely "eject" the drive before physically disconnecting. After that, reconnect the drive to your router and it should work.

The key is "safely ejecting" before disconnecting.

I've had a similar error in the past. Reconnect your hard-drive to your PC, use chkdsk if necessary (although it likely won't find anything), then remember to safely "eject" the drive before physically disconnecting. After that, reconnect the drive to your router and it should work.

The key is "safely ejecting" before disconnecting.

Okay Ill give that a go! Thanks for the advice!

With this .44 on my AC66U, the miniDNLA service has problems with a couple of MKV files. In the logfile, it reports:

[2014/08/04 13:17:46] metadata.c:723: warn: Opening /tmp/mnt/net-S01/MediaServer/Videos/Movies/Vertigo.mkv failed! [Cannot allocate memory]
[2014/08/04 13:17:46] scanner.c:489: warn: Unsuccessful getting details for /tmp/mnt/net-S01/MediaServer/Videos/Movies/Vertigo.mkv!​

The files with which it has errors are not displayed in clients as they used to be, but everything else is. As for the "cannot allocate memory" error, the file in this case is big (8GB), but it doesn't have a problem with several other files which are bigger.

Last edited by a moderator:
When 5 radio is off the wireless log still says 2.4 disabled.
Didn't in the official Asus firmware

Works for me. You probably didn't follow the OP and still have the old incorrect setting from the Beta builds.

With this .44 on my AC66U, the miniDNLA service has problems with a couple of MKV files. In the logfile, it reports:

[2014/08/04 13:17:46] metadata.c:723: warn: Opening /tmp/mnt/net-S01/MediaServer/Videos/Movies/Vertigo.mkv failed! [Cannot allocate memory]
[2014/08/04 13:17:46] scanner.c:489: warn: Unsuccessful getting details for /tmp/mnt/net-S01/MediaServer/Videos/Movies/Vertigo.mkv!​

The files with which it has errors are not displayed in clients as they used to be, but everything else is. As for the "cannot allocate memory" error, the file in this case is big (8GB), but it doesn't have a problem with several other files which are bigger.

Not all files are processed the same way when minidlna tries to extract the metadata. This is normal for a router with 256 MB of RAM.

Well Im not sure if I have any damaged files becuase on 374.43 that error never occured.

I think ill stick it into my PC and run a check.

Thanks for your response!

I plugged the drive into my computer, ran a check disk, everything came out clear, I then safely removed the drive. Plugged it back into the router, it picked up the drive but said unmounted, I waited for about 5-10mins and it comes up with the same error. Weird.

Also Ive noticed that it takes a long time to mount my drive, it wont allow access unless it has done some sort of scan

My 1TB USB disk also got corrupted somehow during the upgrade. It won't mount anymore. My macbook says it's beyond repair and advises me to copy as much as possible and re-format the drive.

Tried safe removal etc, nothing helps. Really seems like something got messed up during the update.

hi,
with new build 376.44 and my RT-N66, i noticed that the parental control web page does not display properly in French, Italian .. (ok in English).

This is the firmware attempting to run a filesystem check, and failing because your hard disk is too large for the amount of RAM available on the router.

The same thing would happen with the Paragon version as well, it just never had to run one most likely.

I have manually done a few scans 374 and never had an error. Like other users here the drive will not mount on 376, going back to 374 and everything works fine. Same problem occurs on the official 3.0.0.4.376.1663 by Asus too.

My 1TB USB disk also got corrupted somehow during the upgrade. It won't mount anymore. My macbook says it's beyond repair and advises me to copy as much as possible and re-format the drive.

Tried safe removal etc, nothing helps. Really seems like something got messed up during the update.

If you downgrade firmware to 374.43 it should come back. Mine comes up with an error but i can access everything and it works ok atm. It just takes a long time to allow me access to the drive once the router has rebooted

If you downgrade firmware to 374.43 it should come back. Mine comes up with an error but i can access everything and it works ok atm. It just takes a long time to allow me access to the drive once the router has rebooted

Thanks for the tip, but for now I am copying all the stuff to my NAS first to back it up ;)

Will settings from .43 load into .44 after reset or do you have to go from scratch?

Have the wireless driver been upgraded? Can't be bothered to check.. I'm only saying this because on 42 build my wifi range goes far and on the 44 build the range has decreased by 5 meters (no big deal but that's a lot wouldn't mind 2 meters loss)

I plugged the drive into my computer, ran a check disk, everything came out clear, I then safely removed the drive. Plugged it back into the router, it picked up the drive but said unmounted, I waited for about 5-10mins and it comes up with the same error. Weird.

Also Ive noticed that it takes a long time to mount my drive, it wont allow access unless it has done some sort of scan

I have the same problem with a 500GB Seagate USB drive. I'm running the latest Asus firmware on my RT - AC66U. I've never had a problem until I tried Merlin's beta 3 and now Asus's Firmware version 3.0.0.4.376.1123, so i think the problem is with Asus stock firmware, notrhing Merlin introduced...

hi,
with new build 376.44 and my RT-N66, i noticed that the parental control web page does not display properly in French, Italian .. (ok in English).

Known issue, bug is in the Asus stock FW. Too many unescaped strings in those language files, I gave up trying to fix it.

People with wireless issues, please apply the "Important2" section from the original post.

This question is not as silly as it sounds: if I took a backup before applying a Beta, may I assume that my wireless settings are okay? I ask because when I reverted to 374.43, not all the wireless settings were correctly restored (I had removed all wireless restrictions).

Am I correct in assuming that it is this release and all in the future that do not allow the end-user to change locales (as easily as before)?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!