What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 376.45 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Suggestion for Status Page

I've been using Merlin's firmware for about one year and I'm very happy with it including the latest .45 revision; it fits my home needs real well; I must also say that I like the recently introduced Router Status Page, speaking of which would like to make a suggestion.

After the initial login, I find myself clicking through Administration => Temperatures and QoS => Traffic tabs in order to get a full picture of what's going on with the router.

So, I suggest the addition of the current WAN traffic and router temperatures at the bottom of the status page in the empty available space there.

Since it is by default the first page shown after logging in, this addition can surely make it very handy and a one stop shop. Being able to see the CPUs, Memory, Traffic and Temps status in one page it should be a huge plus for everyone interested, it surely is for me. Adding the values as they are shown at the bottom of each correspondent tab should suffice; however, reduced size graphics would be icy on the cake though :).

Anyways, something to consider in the future, may be?

Thank you Merlin for the time and hard work you put into this project.

Cheers!

Last edited:
hello

Merlin, i have a question...For N66 ,is it possible to compile a sdk5 build with all new features and updates? old wifi driver + all new security, updates and features.

Too much work, I already have enough to deal with as it is.

So, I suggest the addition of the current WAN traffic and router temperatures at the bottom of the status page in the empty available space there.

I, too, like the idea of adding extra status data. Ne sense in having a blank area if there is more data available that's appropriate for that page. A one stop quick look, if you will.

However, I think Merlin mentioned in another thread that he wasn't sure what Asus might have planned in the future for that blank area.

What kind of settings is safety to restore from milestone to milestone release without manually setting up? I figure out that some settings from my older milestone builds are incompatible with new releases. It is so boring to put settings into the DHCP list and port forwarding. Is there any option to safe one time only this settings different from the default and restore them from build to build?

What kind of settings is safety to restore from milestone to milestone release without manually setting up?
Hi,

The simple answer is NONE! :eek:
Do the job and setup things newly when you upgrade!!!

For long lists of values you can use a small script to save and restore the data (on an USB stick or HDD attached to the router). :rolleyes:

Get NVRAM values to a text file via the following script:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
nvram get dhcp_staticlist > dhcp_staticlist.txt
Set NVRAM values from a text file:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
nvram set dhcp_staticlist="`cat dhcp_staticlist.txt`"
Of course you need to save all the values you need (by enhancing the script).

After checking that the NVRAM values are correct you need to save them permanently with:
Code:
nvram commit

With kind regards
Joe :cool:

Any word on when we might see hardware accelerated QoS? I thought I read something about that going into the next builds a long time ago..

Any word on when we might see hardware accelerated QoS? I thought I read something about that going into the next builds a long time ago..

Adaptive QoS has been supported in my RT-AC87U build from the beginning.

Ahhh, I should've mentioned that I'm running the RT-AC56U. The tools screen shows "HW acceleration Disabled - incompatible with: QoS" when I have QoS on. I wonder if it's possible with this device.

Ahhh, I should've mentioned that I'm running the RT-AC56U. The tools screen shows "HW acceleration Disabled - incompatible with: QoS" when I have QoS on. I wonder if it's possible with this device.

The Adaptive QoS engine is closed source, and Asus only provides it for the RT-AC87 at this time. Those files cannot be reused on other non-Quantenna routers, so we'll have to wait for Asus to support other routers. They haven't made any official announcement yet on if they intend to support the AC56/AC68 or not.

@RMerlin

Hi - upgraded OK, alas problem mounting USB HD, chkntfs returned 1 etc.... but would not mount complaining of errors.

Reverted back to 374.41 and everything hunky-dory with the drive and accessible - so assume it is an issue with the firmware?

Is this correct, or is there a workaround to get this up and running?

TIA

It seems as though I lost ipV6 when I upgraded to the latest release was working fine natively with Comcast, and now it is gone. Cleared ram, rebooted, and still no luck. Any ideas?

It seems as though I lost ipV6 when I upgraded to the latest release was working fine natively with Comcast, and now it is gone. Cleared ram, rebooted, and still no luck. Any ideas?

It works sometimes its hard for the router to obtain a v6 address for unknown reasons try rebooting the router from the GUI and see if it grabs v6.

I just noticed on the network map page under system status, it is reporting RAM usage as:
Total: 123 MB
Usage: 121 MB
Free: 2MB

:confused:

I cant recall if it was like that when first installing 376.45, or if its always been like that in previous firmwares, and just not noticing without the system status page.... Although I do remember coming across RAM stats under a different page, and never becoming alarmed about usage, so it must be a recent setting or the firmware.

Any way to find out whats using so much?

It works sometimes its hard for the router to obtain a v6 address for unknown reasons try rebooting the router from the GUI and see if it grabs v6.

It grabbed an IP address, but all the test sites say there is no IPV6 really stumped as all the releases up to this one worked fine.

It grabbed an IP address, but all the test sites say there is no IPV6 really stumped as all the releases up to this one worked fine.

I have had the same issue with multiple firmwares its comcast. Unplug your router and modem for 10 minutes and try again. reboot modem then turn on your router.

Rmerlin,

I know people always complain about their HDDs not showing up without a reboot. I am not sure if it was solved or not. mine has basically always required a reboot from the gui if i reset the router by unplugging it. Then my HDD would finally show up.

Today by chance i reboot the router for a reason and then noticed that my usb2.0 light was on. I have it set to stealth mode and it was the only light on. I didn't have anything plugged into the 2.0 port. Once i did another reboot my HDD showed up and all the lights were blacked out again. No idea what it means or if you care or if it could help anything, just seemed awfully weird so i thought id post what i saw.

I just noticed on the network map page under system status, it is reporting RAM usage as:
Total: 123 MB
Usage: 121 MB
Free: 2MB

:confused:

I cant recall if it was like that when first installing 376.45, or if its always been like that in previous firmwares, and just not noticing without the system status page.... Although I do remember coming across RAM stats under a different page, and never becoming alarmed about usage, so it must be a recent setting or the firmware.

Any way to find out whats using so much?

It's probably used for buffers and caches, which get released only if any process actually needs it. Use the "free" command over SSH to get more details.

This is normal behaviour for Linux.

After the flash of the latest firmware, I found that my 5g wireless uses the same ssid with the 2.4g band, i remember that i used to have two different ssid for different bands. is it the way it is supposed to be?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!