What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.51 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

This is madness! :rolleyes:
When you have the "smb.postconf" file "use sendfile = yes" and want to change to "use sendfile = no" It does not change.
But if you do the other way it works.
- From "no" to "yes" = works
- From "yes" to "no" = does not work
When I use the "service restart_nasapps" is the same thing.

But when I use this with ssh, it always works both ways!
/jffs/scripts/smb.postconf /etc/smb.conf

At this point I have no idea what you are doing wrong. It definitely works fine here.

Code:
admin@Stargate87:/jffs/scripts# cat /etc/smb.conf | grep sendfile
use sendfile = yes
admin@Stargate87:/jffs/scripts# service restart_nasapps

Done.
use sendfile = no

At this point I have no idea what you are doing wrong. It definitely works fine here.

Code:
use sendfile = yes
admin@Stargate87:/jffs/scripts# service restart_nasapps

Done.
use sendfile = no

I just tested all again with two routers with 378.50 and 378.51 and with the same results. What program do you use?
The only difference is that I also use "smb.conf.add" and adds [JFFS] folder. It is really strange!
I'll try a full resett and just try this again. Really do not know what happens. :)

EDIT:
At last I found the problem, it is not possible to have space in smb.postconf script.
When I fixed it, it worked as it should finally! :)
< no space here> #! / bin / sh
< no space here> CONFIG = $ 1
< no space here> source /usr/sbin/helper.sh
< no space here> pc_replace 'use sendfile = yes'' use sendfile = no "" $ CONFIG "

Last edited:
EDIT:
At last I found the problem, it is not possible space on smb.postconf script.
When I fixed it, it worked as it should finally! :)

The first line with the she-bang is the important one. If it's not properly formatted, then the shell will have no way of knowing which interpreter to use to run the script.

RMerlin what you think about my suggestion with GREEN ICON for VPN , about icon WIFI and other(printer, internet...) Should show as green when some client is connected to serwer vpn on asus router.

RMerlin what you think about my suggestion with GREEN ICON for VPN , about icon WIFI and other(printer, internet...) Should show as green when some client is connected to serwer vpn on asus router.

Could be useful, but like any other new features, not a priority at this time.

But can you add this to list to do ? I can try do icon for this and send you...

I apologize if this has already been posted somewhere in the 18 pages, but I'm currently on .51, and all is working great on my 68U, except for when I click into "Adaptive QOS" ~ when I go in there and try to flick it on, the web UI no longer becomes accessible. This is pretty interesting as my network still functions just fine. I can still access SMB shares, the internet, etc, but I can't log into 192.168.1.1 anymore. Let me know if this is already known or if I can help by submitting logs. Thanks!

I apologize if this has already been posted somewhere in the 18 pages, but I'm currently on .51, and all is working great on my 68U, except for when I click into "Adaptive QOS" ~ when I go in there and try to flick it on, the web UI no longer becomes accessible. This is pretty interesting as my network still functions just fine. I can still access SMB shares, the internet, etc, but I can't log into 192.168.1.1 anymore. Let me know if this is already known or if I can help by submitting logs. Thanks!
Did you try the DNS entry of: router.asus.com

Hi, with this version of firmware I can't access to the Download Manager of my RT-AC87U... Trying with telnet seems that the port 8081 is closed:

Code:
Sh4iDo-MacBook:~ sh4ido$ telnet 192.168.2.3 8081
Trying 192.168.2.3...
telnet: connect to address 192.168.2.3: Connection refused
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host

Thanks

Sounds like you didn't do a reset to factory defaults after loading the code.....in the mean time, make sure that JFFS is enabled on the Administration-System page.

Sounds like you didn't do a reset to factory defaults after loading the code.....in the mean time, make sure that JFFS is enabled on the Administration-System page.
I did a factory reset when I upgraded to .50. I was under the impression that moving to .51 didn't require one.
I did just check the Administration->System page, though - JFSS was *not* enabled. Thanks for that! Will try again.

Merlin, currently running .51 on my TM-AC1900 (now an AC68U after changing bootloader). I haven't experienced a single issue-- everything is running great. As a former Android developer, I know how much time you put into the firmware. I'd like to say thank you for all of your hard work.

So I was having the same issues. Happened all the time. I turned off all IP6 stuff and also under Lan IPTV I turned off the special applications stuff. No idea which one fixed the problem or if it did but I haven't had any issues since. I'm pretty sure if it was it was the second thing. Under use DHCP routes there was something microsft enabled. Try it and see what happens. I haven't had my DLNA not respond since. I'm on a about 5 days or so.

I will confirm something different in my DLNA with 378-51 that DLNA is not immediately discovered. i have seen it discovered in few minutes a couple times but most times I have to do something to force discover, i.e. use computer togo into some files on the drive. Just so you know when i turn my DLNA device it does immediately discover other DLNA devices on my network immediately.

I did look at my IPTV settings (attached). I changed using DHCP routes to disabled but that immediately made all my internet traffic extremely slow, web pages taking ~30+ seconds to load. I set this back to default, Microsoft, within 5 minutes which restored all internet traffic to being snappy/immediate. I do not understand why IPTV settings the way they are would effect internet traffic but it did. I do have IPV6 in native mode & did not change any IPV6 settings. I have had IPV6 settings on since obtaining AC68R & using MErlin's firmware.

Again, I believe something with 378-51 is affecting DLNA discovery.

I have a AC68R which I keep on Merlin's latest firmware with two HD's in the USB ports one is DNLA, one used to backup computers on network.

Attachments

• IPTV Settings.png
    IPTV Settings.png
    234.9 KB · Views: 355
*meant to post this a few days ago, no issues/logs since*:
First issue on newqtn firmware (running 5Ghz only), iPhone5 ios7.1.2 lost wifi connection at roughly 7.58pm, was looking at the bandwidth page and I watched for at least a minute while the only traffic showing for any devices was that iphone receiving (strictly DL fluctuating 20-100KBps) facebook traffic (although iphone5 itself showing not connected to wifi), after a minute or so I check wireless log and see iphone5 not connected but two other wireless devices are. I test one (iPhone 6+) and although it shows connected it could not access internet, then everything started working and the following logs showed up:

Mar 17 20:01:25 rc_service: httpd 1361:notify_rc restart_qos;restart_firewall
Mar 17 20:01:26 start_nat_rules: apply the nat_rules(/tmp/nat_rules_ppp0_eth0)!
Mar 17 20:01:27 start_nat_rules: apply the, nat_rules(/tmp/nat_rules_ppp0_eth0)!
Mar 17 20:03:09 rc_service: httpd 1361:notify_rc restart_qos;restart_firewall
Mar 17 20:03:09 start_nat_rules: apply the nat_rules(/tmp/nat_rules_ppp0_eth0)!
Mar 17 20:03:10 start_nat_rules: apply the nat_rules(/tmp/nat_rules_ppp0_eth0)!

Uptime almost 4 and a half days, logs completely clean otherwise.

Small odd detail I've been noticing...For my Netgear WNCE3001 the dhcp leases log shows the correct IP address, 192.168.1.145. In the wireless log, it shows an IP address of 192.168.1.251. In the client status window it shows either 192.168.1.113, or 192.168.1.145 (correct), or 192.168.1.251 for the WNCE3001. Since my LAN dhcp address pool is 192.168.1.100 to 192.168.1.150, picking out 192.168.1.251 is particularly odd. And there is no device with the IP address 192.168.1.113.

Kind of weird...

I've just flashed a TM-AC1900 into an RT-AC68 and I'm setting up 378.51 on it.

Quick question regarding the USB 3.0 port: I've got an USB 3.0 flash drive that I'd like to use for additional storage/Entware/etc. Are there still interference issues these days between using USB 3.0 storage and the 2.4GHz band or has that been a thing of the past with recent version firmware?

If interference still occurs, how bad is it (noticeable)? Should I just plug in the flash drive into the USB 2.0 port instead and not have to worry about it?

Thanks in advance for any info on this.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!