What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.51 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hmmm, finally solved it, it seems there is a setting which was by default always set to 5, that now has become some how insufficient (Maximum number of concurrent connections under USB Application - Network Place (Samba) Share / Cloud Disk), I have set it to 10 as possible values are 1-10. Seems like it solved it. Strange that till now I never had to touch this setting and never had a problem.

I asked this before, and it's come back. 87R, 378.51 - when I reboot the router, I'm always taken to 192.168.1.1, regardless of the URL I enter.

Once there the only way to get my internet working is to go through the Quick Internet Setup, which of course is already populated with my network values. I just need to press next, next, and done.

Any way to stop this? Thanks

I asked this before, and it's come back. 87R, 378.51 - when I reboot the router, I'm always taken to 192.168.1.1, regardless of the URL I enter.

Once there the only way to get my internet working is to go through the Quick Internet Setup, which of course is already populated with my network values. I just need to press next, next, and done.

Any way to stop this? Thanks

I saw this on N66U, the redirect by iptables didn't actually work because I have disabled http web config - should be controllable by a setting under System->Miscellaneous "Enable WAN down browser redirect notice" obviously without the wan up you won't get internet...

This happened to me also many times on 378.51. Went back to 376.49_5 with exactly the same setup and have had no issues for a week now. As I mentioned in one of my previous posts I suspect it is caused by the router running out of RAM space. But haven't had the time to look into it further.

Are you by chance running plex media server? I'm back to the latest stock firmware and thought the problem was solved. Woke up this morning and it had crashed again. Just wondering if plex could be the problem. Didn't have this problem with Merlin's prior build before 378.51.

I saw this on N66U, the redirect by iptables didn't actually work because I have disabled http web config - should be controllable by a setting under System->Miscellaneous "Enable WAN down browser redirect notice" obviously without the wan up you won't get internet...
I turned that off, and now after a reboot I just can't connect to the internet.

It seems to me that there's a DNS issue after a reboot for my router. I should say that I haven't touched any DNS settings (all default), but this is similar to an issue I had before. In that scenario, after a reboot, when any Wi-Fi enabled device connected to either 2.4 or 5 GHz, the Quick Setup window popped up and I would have to go through it.

The last time I installed 378.51 I ssh'd into it and did a 'nvram erase' after install, just to be sure it was completely fresh.

I'm trying to test selective routing (have only Apple TV traffic flow through my OpenVPN client), so testing/rebooting and having to go through the Quick Setup each time is getting a little annoying.

I have 2 AC66Us set as APs - I went from 376.47 to this build and all seemed fine as always but now my 5g keeps dropping out every 12 seconds or so. If I use wifi analyzer I can see both APs drop 5g connections on separate channels. I switched to just one AC66U and had the same results.
After the update I logged into the routers and did a factory reset.

Any Ideas?
TY
CD

Last edited:
What router are you running it on and did you do a factory reset after installing the FW?
Sorry... RT-AC68R. I did not do a factory reset as I was coming from 378.50. I did go back to the stock firmware and did do a factory reset. Thought the problem was gone. Got up this morning and it was locked up again. Thinking of going back to 378.50. I didn't have the problem with that release.

So far so good not issue i can see with this firmware

Do how ever get these error every now and they where there for as long as i can remeber

Mar 20 21:39:56 dnsmasq[362]: Maximum number of concurrent DNS queries reached (max: 150)
Mar 20 21:40:01 dnsmasq[362]: Maximum number of concurrent DNS queries reached (max: 150)
Mar 20 22:49:34 kernel: wlc_dump_aggfifo:
Mar 20 22:49:34 kernel: framerdy 0x10 bmccmd 4 framecnt 3
Mar 20 22:49:34 kernel: AQM agg params 0xfc0 maxlen hi/lo 0x0 0xffff minlen 0x0 adjlen 0x8
Mar 20 22:49:34 kernel: AQM agg results 0x8000 len hi/lo: 0x0 0x0 BAbitmap(0-3) 0 0 0 0

they anything to worry about, more so the 2nd part dns queries not so much both me

Side note is there anyway to enabled QOS with out having the ps3/ps4 tell me the router dont support IP Fragments? Other then disabling QOS?

Last edited:
Are you by chance running plex media server? I'm back to the latest stock firmware and thought the problem was solved. Woke up this morning and it had crashed again. Just wondering if plex could be the problem. Didn't have this problem with Merlin's prior build before 378.51.
No, I am not using Plex media server. I am using all stock features. No custom scripts or custom/third party applications.

RT-AC68U reset to defaults after 378.51 install.

It's configured as a simple AP and was using it to share media at home but the USB applications tab is missing on this release, I can access the Media server/Samba/FTP setup panels from the main network map page but it won't let me configure anything, Samba can't see the attached drive, the media server has no server name and won't accept any either.

Had to roll back

USB application tab can be accessed by typing in the address bar http://your_router_ip/APP_Installation.asp

Last edited:
I don't get it. The vpn client is being bypassed and this is in the log again.
Code:
Mar 24 02:00:11 rc_service: rc 3814:notify_rc restart_wrs
Mar 24 02:00:12 start_nat_rules: apply the nat_rules(/tmp/nat_rules_eth0_eth0)!

Need to log into router and toggle vpn client off and on.
Anybody know is this a router issue or vpn service provider issue? How do I test some more on the cause.? "restart_wrs" why 02:00 and why absent for over a week?
The only thing surrounding the above in the log is the usual DHCPREQUEST and DHCPACK stuff.

another issue i've found so far is i cannot connect my Samsung printer to the WIFI network, it used to be fine on 378.50, but don't know what happened. everytime when i select the SSID and type in the password, the printer will trying to connect for a few seconds and disconnected. I can see the printer MAC on the logs in router, but just couldn't connected

i will try below method and have a look
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20121222134631AAqQ3zN

I suspected it is because of i set "Network Key Rotation Interval" to 0, but when i set it back to 7200, the printer still connected and disconnected all the time

update: it is so strange now, i can successfully connected my printer to guest network, but still no home network

Last edited:
I don't get it. The vpn client is being bypassed and this is in the log again.
Code:
Mar 24 02:00:11 rc_service: rc 3814:notify_rc restart_wrs
Mar 24 02:00:12 start_nat_rules: apply the nat_rules(/tmp/nat_rules_eth0_eth0)!

Need to log into router and toggle vpn client off and on.
Anybody know is this a router issue or vpn service provider issue? How do I test some more on the cause.? "restart_wrs" why 02:00 and why absent for over a week?
The only thing surrounding the above in the log is the usual DHCPREQUEST and DHCPACK stuff.

If I remember correctly, the Trend Micro rules get updated at 2 am.

If you do any changes to the nat/mangle firewall tables then you need to put them in a nat-start script, otherwise the DPI engine will flush them out when it restarts itself.

Should i enable jumbo frames in the switch control ?

Even so, it still doesn't work properly, missing media server name, no disk to share on Samba/Vsftpd tabs.

If I upgrade from a working build all my shared folders/media keep working fine but I can't change any configs from the gui.

Thanks
I have the same configuration (AC68U, Access Point mode) and had the same issue- no USB Tools menu, and when I went to the USB drive / media services / SAMBA share, the device shares weren't listed. I ended up reverting to 378.50.

You can stop discussing the missing USB menu now, it's already fixed on the Git repository.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!