What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.52 is available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

You may find you don't even want to use your ISP's DNS, I recommend running DNSBench at various times during the day (and repeat another 1-2 times for that first week).

Benchmark tools that check for response times like DNSBench are worthless, and will usually hurt your general performance rather than improve it. Never rely on these.

AC66R on .52_2. i am seeing a discrepancy in the Network Map Client list.... for a wireless client, for a signal strength of 3 bars the word "good" appears above the wireless icon as seen in the attachment. If the signal strength moves to 2 bars or 4 bars no wording appears. i was able to replicate this on Chrome and IE. This is not during a "hover over" action either.

Good option with this icon for wire and wirelees and now fixed issue with name Manual and Static when i set Static IP. Now is only name MANUAL.

On wirelees i have no option with name "good" and other. For me show only bar with signal.

AC66R on .52_2. i am seeing a discrepancy in the Network Map Client list.... for a wireless client, for a signal strength of 3 bars the word "good" appears above the wireless icon as seen in the attachment. If the signal strength moves to 2 bars or 4 bars no wording appears. i was able to replicate this on Chrome and IE. This is not during a "hover over" action either.
Same here, on a RT-AC68U (.52_2)

Maybe is any chance to add option to user can set to save WEB HISTORY to memory on pendrive ? The same as Trafic History isn Tools>Other user can set to save in RAM or custom or NVRAM.

This option is good because when i have connected client by for example WIFI and then client disconnect , then i can no preview to web history for this client. But i want to preview what web this client surf...

And maybe is any chance to add icon VPN connection about icon VPN. Maybe as i show:

And which file is from translate language because i want to correct translate language POLISH because have bugs...

And is available to add all words english which RMerlin add (tabs,words,option and other) to all language and user by github can update translate to other languages. I want translate to Polish... but all changes whichc RMerlin add to firmware is not add to
asuswrt-merlin/release/src/router/www/PL.dict

Attachments

• VPN1.jpg
    VPN1.jpg
    1.4 KB · Views: 397
Last edited:
And maybe is any chance to add icon VPN connection about icon VPN. Maybe as i show:

I believe at one point Merlin already mentioned these are really low priority and there is way more important stuff to deal with. Also, no offence, but I'd never be able to look at my screen again if VPN icon looks anything like from your example. The key to good design, pleasant to the human eye, is to have consistency in shape, color and size. If ever implemented, icon should look like the rest of icons, ruled by ASUS design guidelines. Long time senior GFX designer of many well known security GUIs here.

RT-AC56U, Firmware: 378.52_2, System Log - Wireless Log (small bug):

Wireless 2.4 GHz
SSID: xxxx Mode: AP
RSSI: 0 dBm SNR: 0 dB Noise: -91 dBm Channel: 2

Wireless 5 GHz
SSID: xxxxx Mode: AP
RSSI: 0 dBm SNR: 0 dB Noise: -92 dBm Channel: 36/80

Hi all!
I would like to thank you RMerlin for the time and effort you spend to improve the ASUS FW, I really enjoy your FW.
This last version really surprised me by many things and I´m so happy with my RT-AC87U now..
- Faster admin GUI
- Faster dl/ul rate on 5Ghz (than prevous verions thanks to Quentenna)
usually I have 92Mbit dl/93Mbit ul but now it is 96Mbits dl/93Mbit ul (see pic).
rx_tx_378.52_2.JPG

I have 100Mbit dl/100Mbit ul from my ISP Telia.

So many more things that now works flawless so hopefully no need to upgrade in the near future.

Keep up the good work. :)

Good option with this icon for wire and wirelees and now fixed issue with name Manual and Static when i set Static IP. Now is only name MANUAL.

On wirelees i have no option with name "good" and other. For me show only bar with signal.

The Networkmap is something Asus is still constantly working on with every new firmware release, so I'd rather not touch it and let them finish debugging it.

RT-AC56U, Firmware: 378.52_2, System Log - Wireless Log (small bug):

Wireless 2.4 GHz
SSID: xxxx Mode: AP

Wireless 5 GHz
SSID: xxxxx Mode: AP
RSSI: 0 dBm SNR: 0 dB Noise: -92 dBm Channel: 36/80

Perfectly normal, as your router is running as an AP, not as a client/repeater.

Hi all!
I would like to thank you RMerlin for the time and effort you spend to improve the ASUS FW, I really enjoy your FW.
This last version really surprised me by many things and I´m so happy with my RT-AC87U now..
- Faster admin GUI
- Faster dl/ul rate on 5Ghz (than prevous verions thanks to Quentenna)
usually I have 92Mbit dl/93Mbit ul but now it is 96Mbits dl/93Mbit ul (see pic).
View attachment 3603

I have 100Mbit dl/100Mbit ul from my ISP Telia.

So many more things that now works flawless so hopefully no need to upgrade in the near future.

Keep up the good work. :)

Hi Stockholm,

Which laptop cooler are you using?

Regards from Sweden

Ok. Noise value there unnecessary?
Mode: AP

Ok. Noise value there unnecessary?
Mode: AP
No, it measures the noise on the channel used in AP mode

Strange behaviour on RT-AC87U with vlan + bridge

i'm testing my isp new fiber service that uses single edge IPOE , the service uses VLAN12 for all serviçes Internet iptv and voip.

But since my isp doesn't provide me the voip credentials , i need to bridge port 4 to vlan 12 , and connect the isp router on port 4 , this way i have both routers with a different public ip , and voip on the isp router.

now the strange thing , i use this on the service-start (note.. the ports are inverted on robocfg so port 1 is port4)

#!/bin/sh
robocfg vlan 1 ports "2 3 5 7t"
robocfg vlan 12 ports "0t 1t 7t"

But for some reason it apply tag to port 5
VLANs: BCM5301x enabled mac_check mac_hash
1: vlan1: 2 3 5t 7t
2: vlan2: 0 7
12: vlan12: 0t 1t 7t

To fix this i need to force untag port 5 on the service-start
#!/bin/sh
robocfg vlan 1 ports "2 3 5u 7t"
robocfg vlan 12 ports "0t 1t 7t"

hope this helps someone

Note.. On 378.51 this fix don't work , so im forced to bridge port 1 , and in 378.52 bridge port 1 does not work

Ps.. this only happen on this model, on RT-AC 66 ,68 and RT-N16 works with no problem

Chances are you came from an old firmware and failed to do a factory default reset, so you still have a corrupted nvram setting from a couple of bugged relases from Asus back then. Do a factory default reset, and manually reconfigure your router.
RMerlin thank you for the answer. I have installed the firmware by putting the router in recovery mode and using the recovery tool from asus...Is this enough? Or do I need some extra step?

Asus designed the whole DDNS system to rely on the WAN IP. The ddns-start script added in 378.51 is the proper way for you to implement any kind of customized update checker you might need.
Can you point me to some tips about it? I have found something for no-ip here
http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/NoIPUpdate

RMerlin thank you for the answer. I have installed the firmware by putting the router in recovery mode and using the recovery tool from asus...Is this enough? Or do I need some extra step?

There's no real point in flashing in recovery mode - it's the exact same thing as if you had flashed it normally, except it will be slower to flash. You need to do the factory default reset after you are done flashing the new firmware.

Can you point me to some tips about it? I have found something for no-ip here
http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/NoIPUpdate

Provided this script is still up-to-date, it should be possible to use it in a ddns-start script (after you set your DDNS to "Custom" on the webui. You will have to test it to ensure it still works, in case no-ip might have changed their API since the time that script was written.

If in doubt, check no-ip's website for any documentation explaining how to manually update using either curl or wget, then look at the ddns-start examples I posted on the Wiki.

I see this error a lot in my log - Apr 8 10:04:21 kernel: nf_ct_ras: decoding error: out of range.
Do I have something set wrong on my router? Thanks.

I see this error a lot in my log - Apr 8 10:04:21 kernel: nf_ct_ras: decoding error: out of range.
Do I have something set wrong on my router? Thanks.

No, it's just something trying to use port 5060, and the SIP NAT helper erroneously thinking it's a NAT packet. Newer versions of Linux simply removed the warning if I recall. So just ignore it.

No, it's just something trying to use port 5060, and the SIP NAT helper erroneously thinking it's a NAT packet. Newer versions of Linux simply removed the warning if I recall. So just ignore it.

Thank you for the reply and all of your work. The latest version works very well for me.

I get the same thing on AC66 using as router mode not AP but wireless log shows AP

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!