What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.52 is available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Another great job, Merlin. Thanks.

Are you sure? I'm just asking since then I'm wondering why the restore functionality is there in the first place. How can the restored configuration cause problems?

Another thing I was wondering: I've seen a lot of people saying they performed a reset twice - how can a reset on top of a reset make a difference? Doesn't the router get it right the first time?

Whoever says that is simple wrong. The only reset that is required (when a reset IS required) is AFTER you flashed the new firmware.

I've answered a lot of NVRAM-related questions in this FAQ:

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/faq-nvram-and-factory-default-reset.22822/

Whoever says that is simple wrong. The only reset that is required (when a reset IS required) is AFTER you flashed the new firmware.

I've answered a lot of NVRAM-related questions in this FAQ:

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/faq-nvram-and-factory-default-reset.22822/

Thanks so much, the referenced link has literaly answered every single one of my questions regarding that topic. Seems like I'm gonna re-enter all of my settings again from scratch tomorrow when I have the time.

It's comforting to know why this must be done and what the potential side effects are.

After upgrading to this version I cannot get AiCloud utility to work. Is there a setting I need to change for this version for it to work? It worked well in version 50. Thanks.

Excellent build. On this build I could not reproduce the LAN crashes I saw on .50 and .51 under heavy file transfer load. The excessive RAM usage I saw in .51 is gone. In fact it is using less RAM now than it did on 376.49_5 which I went back to due to the problems I had in .51. The sporadic DLNA discovery issues I saw in .51 have also gone away. This is the kind of build I can stay on for a while :)

I've got a little more info about the issue I"m having with my RT-AC87U/R using IPv6 with Charter:
Original post #38
When I input the settings and hit apply I noted the router seems to freeze with a spinning circle saying complete. I left it on this screen overnight and today sure enough it was still saying complete. Trying to go back into my router admin page is impossible until I do a reboot however before rebooting I noticed it changed my IP to a 169.254 type of IP and regardless of how I tried I was unable to get back into the router until I manually unplugged for 15 seconds and then I was able to log in as normal.

After which I could verify my IP on my computer showed an IPv4 address I manually assigned but no IPv6 (if this worked it would automatically be assigned an IPv6 address). I also could not connect to the internet with any device and my router admin page would say no internet and the router lights would show as pink for WAN. I unplugged my modem for over five minutes and restarted my router once again and varied the sequence in which i turned one on first over the other. In one instance I haven't replicated yet I did receive an IPv6 address on my computer but still no outside internet connection.

When I go back into my router's admin page and to IPv6 and disable (thereby going back to IPv4) and let it complete the change and then I have to reboot my router due to the issue noted above (it's present regardless if enabling or disabling IPv6 for me) and then I can unplug my modem for about 10 seconds and plug it back in and then all works as expected.

This firmware seems to rock but not understanding what's going on with IPv6. I've used it for over a year (Always use same settings as I manually set my router up so I have all info saved to a text file on my computer that I reference after a hard reset) and never experienced anything like this.

Anyways thank you for the fast updates and here's hoping this helps someone else who may have been banging their head on a desk so they know it may be something in the code.

I've got a little more info about the issue I"m having with my RT-AC87U/R using IPv6 with Charter:
Original post #38
When I input the settings and hit apply I noted the router seems to freeze with a spinning circle saying complete. I left it on this screen overnight and today sure enough it was still saying complete. Trying to go back into my router admin page is impossible until I do a reboot however before rebooting I noticed it changed my IP to a 169.254 type of IP and regardless of how I tried I was unable to get back into the router until I manually unplugged for 15 seconds and then I was able to log in as normal.

After which I could verify my IP on my computer showed an IPv4 address I manually assigned but no IPv6 (if this worked it would automatically be assigned an IPv6 address). I also could not connect to the internet with any device and my router admin page would say no internet and the router lights would show as pink for WAN. I unplugged my modem for over five minutes and restarted my router once again and varied the sequence in which i turned one on first over the other. In one instance I haven't replicated yet I did receive an IPv6 address on my computer but still no outside internet connection.

When I go back into my router's admin page and to IPv6 and disable (thereby going back to IPv4) and let it complete the change and then I have to reboot my router due to the issue noted above (it's present regardless if enabling or disabling IPv6 for me) and then I can unplug my modem for about 10 seconds and plug it back in and then all works as expected.

This firmware seems to rock but not understanding what's going on with IPv6. I've used it for over a year (Always use same settings as I manually set my router up so I have all info saved to a text file on my computer that I reference after a hard reset) and never experienced anything like this.

Anyways thank you for the fast updates and here's hoping this helps someone else who may have been banging their head on a desk so they know it may be something in the code.

Dont have the same set up as you and i am using comcast IPv6 native duel stack and it works fine with 52. Just saying.. Good luck with it..

Wow. I'm genuinely perplexed then. I assumed it was something in the firmware since the Router GUI freezes on complete regardless if I enable IPv6rd (Charter's method) or disable it. I then made an assumption that since it froze regardless if enabled or disabled that something wasn't getting setup correctly hence my inability to connect to the internet after restarting my router. I have verified all settings were correct after a restart and verified that my WAN DHCP query was normal (This setting is mainly for charter AFAIK) and this really is puzzling me but thanks for the info.

Don't really know where to go from here unless the issue is specifically linked to applying settings for a Tunnel 6rd setting.

After upgrading to this version I cannot get AiCloud utility to work. Is there a setting I need to change for this version for it to work? It worked well in version 50. Thanks.
See 2 posts above yours (then click the link to post 33). This as already been answered.

Wow. I'm genuinely perplexed then. I assumed it was something in the firmware since the Router GUI freezes on complete regardless if I enable IPv6rd (Charter's method) or disable it. I then made an assumption that since it froze regardless if enabled or disabled that something wasn't getting setup correctly hence my inability to connect to the internet after restarting my router. I have verified all settings were correct after a restart and verified that my WAN DHCP query was normal (This setting is mainly for charter AFAIK) and this really is puzzling me but thanks for the info.

Don't really know where to go from here unless the issue is specifically linked to applying settings for a Tunnel 6rd setting.

For me i just click Native and then apply reboot the router and IPv6 is there and working. I have had issues in the past with Comcast IPv6 and Asus routers but since Asus and Merlin has changed the way IPv6 is implemented in there code a few firmwares back it has been pretty solid at least on my side.

unfortunately Charter's settings page http://www.myaccount.charter.com/customers/Support.aspx?SupportArticleID=2665 states to use the Tunnel 6rd. Their customer service won't even help with IPv6 and yeah that page is at least two years old but using those settings it worked for me under Merlin or Asus firmware the entire time (I've had some issues in the past but don't think they were ever related to IPv6). At this point I'll either try again with the next build unless someone has another suggestion. Also I'd love to not use a tunnel but that's all Charter supports at the moment at least from their official website and the searches I've come up with. I'd prefer to go native but AFAIK I can't.

Yeah i dont know anything about 6rd never had to use that. Maybe Merlin or someone else that uses 6rd would have more information.

Yeah i dont know anything about 6rd never had to use that. Maybe Merlin or someone else that uses 6rd would have more information.

No idea, my ISP has no IPv6 support whatsoever, so all I can use for testing is a 6in4 HE tunnel.

Hmm guess I will have to update my stuff again soon. Any other issues or is it fully stable?

No way to know if it's fully stable as of yet 52 was just released. I flashed my AC68R today and so far it works fine no issues as of yet. :D

I've not had any issues other than IPv6 with the following using .52:
RT-N66U
RT-AC68U
RT-AC87R

Hard reset done on each. Manually reconfigured each, 68 & 66 are my AP's and no issues.

No idea, my ISP has no IPv6 support whatsoever, so all I can use for testing is a 6in4 HE tunnel.
Crap! Was holding out for some hope on this.

I'm still leaning toward an issue with code (Maybe something Asus introduced recently) since GUI freezes on any changes (enabling or disabling) on IPv6 page with tunnel 6rd as the method.

May reach out to them next week. Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Crap! Was holding out for some hope on this.

I'm still leaning toward an issue with code (Maybe something Asus introduced recently) since GUI freezes on any changes (enabling or disabling) on IPv6 page with tunnel 6rd as the method.

May reach out to them next week. Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Make sure you test with their firmware first. Reporting issues specific to my firmware won't be of any help with them, especially as their codebase is now up to 4950, which hasn't been merged in yet.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!