What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.55 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 issues with 378.55:

1) Reboot button in web GUI seems to do nothing (even if I reload the page)
2) Belkin WeMo switches loose connection to WiFi guest network, almost immediately after setup (though the network map still shows them)
What browser are you using, and what operating system? Consider trying a web GUI (router's Graphical User Interface) reboot after changing one of those variables.

Also am assuming you watched the status lights on your router, and they did not change at all after you pressed the reboot button in the web GUI.

About some client device losing connection, you can always try a couple of Wireless option changes such as Wireless mode: N only, channel bandwidth: 20mhz, control channel: 6 (set these instead of leaving on Auto).

Dear All, i did update from default FW on this castom FW, where i can get to set up different subnet for guest wifi ssid?
in default FW from ASUS i have this function that guest wifi provide 10.10.*.* ip's, in this FW i cannot provide and specify IP for guest.
thanks.

What browser are you using, and what operating system? Consider trying a web GUI (router's Graphical User Interface) reboot after changing one of those variables.

Also am assuming you watched the status lights on your router, and they did not change at all after you pressed the reboot button in the web GUI.

About some client device losing connection, you can always try a couple of Wireless option changes such as Wireless mode: N only, channel bandwidth: 20mhz, control channel: 6 (set these instead of leaving on Auto).
Firefox 39.0 on Windows 7 SP1.

I actually use the feature in Merlin's firmware to turn of all lights...

Belkin also told me to set the control channel to a fixed value, so I hope to try that (first) this weekend.

XIII - I got the same response about setting a fixed channel on the 2.4GHz wifi for my Monitor Audio S200 speakers. Despite being a UK product (channels 1-13) they used a US wifi chip (channels 1-11) so I had to fix the channel so that it didn't drift to 12 or 13.

XIII - I got the same response about setting a fixed channel on the 2.4GHz wifi for my Monitor Audio S200 speakers. Despite being a UK product (channels 1-13) they used a US wifi chip (channels 1-11) so I had to fix the channel so that it didn't drift to 12 or 13.
Interesting! That would explain why they suggest a fixed value. Good to know! Thanks.

Dear All, i did update from default FW on this castom FW, where i can get to set up different subnet for guest wifi ssid?
in default FW from ASUS i have this function that guest wifi provide 10.10.*.* ip's, in this FW i cannot provide and specify IP for guest.
thanks.

Im not sure but guess you used a newer default FW than what this custom FW is using. This latest from RMerlin is based on Asus GPL 6117 and newest from Asus deafult FW is 7117 (or something). That is why you dont have that choice in guest net to assign IP net because Asus have a that in a newer GPL.

Im not 100% sure but almost 99% sure on this is the case.

Please advise where one can set that option to "Disable"? I've looked through the config pages.
Pointers please? Thanks
"Wireless" menu section (on the left), then hit the tab for "Professional" settings.

RT-AC87u
Traffic analyzer
When i see statistic and change date i can't view client (both for router and apps)

Setting the channel to 11 (instead of Auto) solved my problem. Thanks!

Guys, I saw somewhere advices about resetting the routers to factory default prior/post upgrade. Is anyone here doing this? Seems insane to me.

Guys, I saw somewhere advices about resetting the routers to factory default prior/post upgrade. Is anyone here doing this? Seems insane to me.
In the FAQ Merlin explains why only after is needed:

Factory default reset: before, or after flashing?
Since the goal is to use the NEW default values that are included in the NEW firmware, the factory default reset must be done while the NEW firmware is already flashed. Doing so before flashing will leave you running the OLD default values.

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/faq-nvram-and-factory-default-reset.22822/

today my 87u is totally crash...no lan no wifi, but led is on and blinking ???
after power restart in log i frequently see
Code:
Jul 28 16:44:53 kernel: TCP: Possible SYN flooding on port 1723. Sending cookies.
Jul 28 16:44:53 kernel: TCP: Possible SYN flooding on port 1723. Sending cookies.
Jul 28 16:44:54 kernel: TCP: Possible SYN flooding on port 1723. Sending cookies.
Jul 28 16:44:54 kernel: TCP: Possible SYN flooding on port 1723. Sending cookies.

also what is this ???
Code:
Jul 28 12:16:56 pptpd[19739]: MGR: initial packet length 18245 outside (0 - 220)
Jul 28 12:16:56 pptpd[22257]: CTRL: Client 42.120.142.222 control connection started
Jul 28 12:16:56 pptpd[22257]: CTRL: EOF or bad error reading ctrl packet length.
Jul 28 12:16:56 pptpd[22257]: CTRL: couldn't read packet header (exit)
Jul 28 12:16:56 pptpd[22257]: CTRL: CTRL read failed
Jul 28 12:16:56 pptpd[22257]: CTRL: Client 42.120.142.222 control connection finished
and
Code:
Jul 26 18:47:08 pptpd[2299]: CTRL: Client 183.60.48.25 control connection started
Jul 26 18:47:09 pptpd[2299]: CTRL: EOF or bad error reading ctrl packet length.
Jul 26 18:47:09 pptpd[2299]: CTRL: couldn't read packet header (exit)
Jul 26 18:47:09 pptpd[2299]: CTRL: CTRL read failed
Jul 26 18:47:09 pptpd[2299]: CTRL: Client 183.60.48.25 control connection finished

is this ip connected to my router using vpn ?
i have started pptp server
Code:
Jan  1 01:00:23 syslog: Password for 'admin' changed
i hange password only when i configured router but this is after....????

Last edited:
ok thanks.....
Microsoft vpn, and now everythink is clear.
but, next questions ? anybody know?\
is flooding can crash router ?
i have enabled aiprotection

Last edited:
The web interface hang after a few days, does anyone know what is the issue? I am using Chrome, and have tried other browser , IE, Firefox but all the same. The syslog also dont indicated what happend, the last entry was a few dnsmasq-dhcp[492] messages.

Is it the latest firmware 378.55 or my hardware is faulty?
upload_2015-8-4_18-18-59.png

try on other pc

My RT-N66R, 17 days uptime, IPV6 (6RD), 1 TB USB drive, added VPN server last week, no runs, drips, or errors!!! Was concerned that NVRAM usage was creeping up as I worked on computers for folks. But space used seems to go up and down a bit as deviced are added and removed from the LAN.

Last edited:
My RT-N66R, 17 days uptime, IPV6 (6RD), 1 GIG USB drive, added VPN server last week, no runs, drips, or errors!!! Was concerned that NVRAM usage was creeping up as I worked on computers for folks. But space used seems to go up and down a bit as deviced are added and removed from the LAN.

VPN keys and certificates are now stored in JFFS, freeing up the nvram it was previously using.

Nvram usage should be fairly stable over time, as it mostly store configuration settings, and next to no dynamic data.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!