What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.56 Beta 1 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you check the internet status page? Click on the Globe, internet status, enable/disable dual wan.

ye try that but didnt help even restore to factory defaults didnt help ;(

dualwan tab is missing
iXqvzaF.png

available only via http://192.168.1.1/Advanced_WANPort_Content.asp

IgWg4iT.png

Last edited:
I don't think the service filter works with connections terminated on the router itself, only those forwarded to the LAN. You will have to use a firewall-start script for that.

i tested with iptables with firewall-start script....not working to block IP range or single IP...they still have access to my open port 5225 where is udpxy....this is realy important settings for all of users....

I don't have time to read all 100+ posts in the thread currently, but has anything been said about why the packed 378.56 beta 1 firmware is about 8 megs smaller than 378.55 for RT-AC66U? I don't see this kind of reduction in size for any of the images for other routers, so I fear that the copy of 378.56 beta 1 currently uploaded for the RT-AC66U may be defective in some way.

I don't have time to read all 100+ posts in the thread currently, but has anything been said about why the packed 378.56 beta 1 firmware is about 8 megs smaller than 378.55 for RT-AC66U? I don't see this kind of reduction in size for any of the images for other routers, so I fear that the copy of 378.56 beta 1 currently uploaded for the RT-AC66U may be defective in some way.
See commit 0eecb62fb27beb481dac5d4ade0c4ba4c9c2011b

If they are going to provide me with free download hosting, and they have no way of inserting any malware or adware in my downloads (because they aren't Windows installer), then I don't care who they are or what they've done.

The other alternatives are worse on a technical level. I need somewhere to host files that generate around 300-500 GB of monthly traffic. You don't put that on any 10$ VPS with a 100 Mbps uplink... Downloads would be slow as a crawl during release peaks, and be slow for the users accross the globe. SF has a CDN to offset problems.

Ideally, I'd love to see Mediafire resolves the current issues (and those long-standing issues where their web interface is buggy as hell). But I'm just starting to lose any hope there, so I'm looking at a plan B.

why not realease it as a torrent file then.
faster and easier

pepeEL said:
RMerlin maybe you can add option overclocking to Administration>Performance Tuning ? It was easy to user want overclock CPU.
Dude, you are now asking Merlin to open an enormous "can of worms" with no benefit to him (in fact, it will mean tons of added work for Eric indefinitely) or anyone else except the user who is too lazy to overclock their routers themselves. Just sayin' bro. :p
No. Overclocking is both device-specific and bootloader specific. Some bootloader versions do not
support overclocking. I'm not going to play a cat-and-mouse game with every different bootloader releases that come.

Failed overclocks can also potentially brick a router. With buggy bootloaders such as the RT-AC56U where the reset button can stop working, that means the only way to recover is by using a TTL serial cable.
I support Merlin 100%. Just the fact that the question was even asked in the first place reflects poorly upon the asker. o_O

Hey Eric,

You know, or may have forgotten because I have been incognito for a bit, that my setup is pretty simple. I run both CTF & FA even though my crappy Cox service is only 150mps. Not only does seem well, the 5GHz band is much more stable and the battery drain on my Note 2 appears improved but the jury is still out on this one. Even my wife's work VPN has been stable as a rock so far.

By George, I think you've got it old man!

Thank you very much. @( _ . _ )@ very very thank you
Incoming wan ping loss(0.1~0.9%) province were resolved.
// now incoming wan ping loss 0%

and, Downloading files several wireless connection and in the City
Ping, the other side, losses are huge

I want. Wireless transmission power, more than 300 mw
please............ setting wifi tx power ...plz

Last edited by a moderator:
RT-AC68P. upgrade from 378.55. I keep getting logged out of the GUI. Trying to set anything in the gui, after clicking on apply, get logged out and the setting is not applied. I reset the router to factory, rebooted, got same result. Tried to load 378.55. The process to the couple of minutes to load and update, but when done/rebooted 378.56_b1 still loaded.

My hp printer is still waking up, maybe less often though. It's on the network, not plugged into the router. Log is empty other than dhcp requests.

Also earlier bug still here, on wireless log, if my devices have the same name, after the first the client name is blank, eg. Chromecasts. View client list has a much better scheme and information maybe that could be used.

Last edited:
RT-AC68P. upgrade from 378.55. I keep getting logged out of the GUI. Trying to set anything in the gui, after clicking on apply, get logged out and the setting is not applied. I reset the router to factory, rebooted, got same result. Tried to load 378.55. The process to the couple of minutes to load and update, but when done/rebooted 378.56_b1 still loaded.

Have you tried a different browser? Sounds like bad cookies or csrf tokens.

Any feedback regarding the current entry editing implementation? Is it straightforward enough to use? Any odd problem related to it?

Also, please confirm that the mDNSNetMonitor message does not appear at all in the log. I've never been able to reproduce the original issue here, so I had to blindly modify the code responsible for the logging flood.

The bonjour related mDNSNetMonitor errors are gone, haven't seen one. Thanks

Thanks Merlin, this may be your best firmware to date! Obviously there are still some serious bugs but there isn't much you can do since they are present in the official firmware as well...

Love the addition of more OpenVPN clients, I don't use more than 2 atm but may be useful in the future!
Regarding the OpenVPN clients, how can I reset/delete each or all of them?
I'm getting the error "Routing conflict!" in the OpenVPN client service state, and "Error connecting - IP/Routing conflict" in the VPN status page! Although it says "error connecting", the client seems to be working just fine...

In the syslog I can see this, don't know if related:
"openvpn[2762]: Ignore conflicted routing rule: 209.197.30.162 255.255.255.255"

my wifi tx power is 80mW
i want tx power 300mW
please teacher .. 80→300mw or 200mw change way

You can't. The fcc is trying to lock down the entire router. Right now Asus locked the drivers. If the fcc still isn't happy, worse may come.

Anything over 80 just adds noise. You never did 200, that would burn it out.

Last edited:
Thank you for the update, running fine on my RT-AC68U.

PS: What is it with the current inflow of non English speakers who not only write improperly but also make lots of requests and complaints? Is this place turning into Linksysinfo.org?

I've seen developers (Teddy_Bear on Tomato and others) quit for less... stop spamming your requests and try to be more polite.

You may have run into the http://hostname bug thats present on the rt-ac66u
it isnt present on the rt-ac56u so wouldnt have expected it to be present on the rt-ac68u/p

anyway try connecting at http://192.168.0.1 / http://192.168.1.1
and see if its fixed

let us know

i tested with iptables with firewall-start script....not working to block IP range or single IP...they still have access to my open port 5225 where is udpxy....this is realy important settings for all of users....

As I told you previously, if the block doesn't work, it's because you aren't blocking the right thing. We're talking iptables here, it's not something related to the firmware in any way. If iptables were THAT broken, every Linux user out there would have noticed a long time ago. There are also a fair amount of users right here who are blocking whole subnets already using blacklists and country-based lists.

Your issue is most likely that you are trying to block a tcp port when you are trying to protect an udp port.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!