What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 380.58 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Err... Asuswrt-Merlin's team consists of one single person - me.

What I'm saying is that Asus has made some changes in newer firmwares, you will have to wait for that code to be implemented in an Asuswrt-Merlin release in the future.

It looks like asus released a beta 380 based firmware for the AC66R. Firmware version 9.0.0.4.380.2695 ... I am guessing this is newer than the 380_1354 you built 380.58 on right?

Question, you base the firmware off the standard GPL release, does that include updates like this or do you have to build each model off of the specific firmware version for that router.

It looks like asus released a beta 380 based firmware for the AC66R. Firmware version 9.0.0.4.380.2695 ... I am guessing this is newer than the 380_1354 you built 380.58 on right?

Question, you base the firmware off the standard GPL release, does that include updates like this or do you have to build each model off of the specific firmware version for that router.

The general codebase is identical between all models, only the closed-source components will be different for each model. I currently don't have the closed-source components specific to the RT-AC68U's 380_2695 release however.

The general codebase is identical between all models, only the closed-source components will be different for each model. I currently don't have the closed-source components specific to the RT-AC68U's 380_2695 release however.

This is the AC66R not the AC68R

What is needed to get the binary blobs? IF you need someone to flash their router and download I can do that, just need instructions.

I need Asus to publish GPL archives that contain them. Those they released are incomplete.

Is the add/delete button on QOS>bandwidth limiter page missing? as in there is no image but there is button there that can be clicked depsite no image?

Btw what are chances of have Bandwidth limiter work with traditional QOS enabled?

Is the add/delete button on QOS>bandwidth limiter page missing? as in there is no image but there is button there that can be clicked depsite no image?

No idea, never looked at Bandwidth Limiter, and don't recall reading any feedback about it. Try a different browser.

Btw what are chances of have Bandwidth limiter work with traditional QOS enabled?

None. They are two totally different configuration at the Linux tc level, someone would have to redesign everything to merge both set of rules and somehow get them to work at the same time.

So the actual issue is just that the Internet field is missing, not that IPTV isn't working at all, that's correct?

If it's the only issue, I know it's already fixed in Asus's newer code (at least I've seen that field on the 2345 firmwares).

I just checked RT-AC68U stock 3.0.0.4.380_1842 and the internet field in manual settings is there, so this is not an Asus bug? The bug reported earlier by me was checked on RT-AC56U running Merlin 380.58.

Could there be a difference between stock FW for RT-AC56U vs RT-AC68U?

No idea, never looked at Bandwidth Limiter, and don't recall reading any feedback about it. Try a different browser.

I looked at in Edge and IE, the button image is missing , but if you move the mouse to where the image should be its clickable, that or something went wanking in the Fw flash

None. They are two totally different configuration at the Linux tc level, someone would have to redesign everything to merge both set of rules and somehow get them to work at the same time.

I See would be nice if that could be done, but I i have to choose I choose, QOS over limiting

I looked at in Edge and IE, the button image is missing , but if you move the mouse to where the image should be its clickable, that or something went wanking in the Fw flash

I See would be nice if that could be done, but I i have to choose I choose, QOS over limiting
I have a delete button my limiter.

b19af2900e.png

I just checked RT-AC68U stock 3.0.0.4.380_1842 and the internet field in manual settings is there, so this is not an Asus bug? The bug reported earlier by me was checked on RT-AC56U running Merlin 380.58.

Could there be a difference between stock FW for RT-AC56U vs RT-AC68U?

380.58 was based on an older version than 380_1842. Asus had resolved the issue by then.

Then something on my end didn't go threw right with the flash, guess I will redo flash it soon as I get to the urge to do so.

Firmware flashes either work, or they don't work at all. Reflashing will almost never fix any issue.

Your issue is more likely to be tied to either a cache issue or a browser plugin.

hey guys... i have configured - Accept DNS Configuration to "disabled" for months. And it was working well with opendns as my DNS provider.

I have some parental controls set via opendns. All of a sudden i started seeing activity that OpenDNS wouldn't allow.

On investigating I can see that I am now connected to my VPN provider's DNS instead of OpenDNS. None of the setting have changed. Any idea what could have happened?

hey guys... i have configured - Accept DNS Configuration to "disabled" for months. And it was working well with opendns as my DNS provider.

I have some parental controls set via opendns. All of a sudden i started seeing activity that OpenDNS wouldn't allow.

On investigating I can see that I am now connected to my VPN provider's DNS instead of OpenDNS. None of the setting have changed. Any idea what could have happened?

Sorry, don't bother. my VPN provider just started enforcing the rule upstream. overriding this setting on the router. Time to change my VPN provider. Luckily, they implemented this change 5 days to the expiry of the service.

After upgrading from 380.57 to 380.58 I'm experiencing something very unusual with two different routers (RT-AC87U, RT-AC3200).

Every 24-48 hours, the router (either one) becomes 100% unresponsive and my network goes down.

I cannot ssh into the router, receive a dhcp address (wireless or ethernet cable)... nothing works... LEDs seem to be blinking normally
since none of them did turn red or something... but the router is 100% unresponsive.

Thus, I tried to store the syslog file in the jffs folder in order to see what could be triggering the crashes... but nothing... there are no
error messages in there.

Seeing this as well: I happen to be uploading initial backup of my laptop to the cloud so heavy and sustained bandwith usage for several days now. Result? Router completely freezes every 24hrs or so. I have to recycle power.

I've been running the asus beta firmware for 24 hours already and I have downloaded nearly 0.9 TB @ ~12 MB/sec without any issue.

Great to hear this is a known bug and already fixed by ASUS. Just have to wait for Merlin to incorporate it now. Thanks Matteo!

Last edited:
Firmware flashes either work, or they don't work at all. Reflashing will almost never fix any issue.

Your issue is more likely to be tied to either a cache issue or a browser plugin.

Well i will redo the flash at some point none the less cause my Firefox/Cyberfox are set to clean cache on exit so it not cache issue, and I test it with new profile and no plugins and image was still missing and Like said EDGE and IE both do it too, and I dont use IE or EDGE let alone have plugins for it

It not isssue but I also know it not cache or plugin issue either.

I have noticed a dns issue as well, when set to exclusive mode on the openvpn client, non vpn routed lan clients are also using the vpn dns and not the auto assigned wAN dns.

Is this right or likely an issue with my config?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!