What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 380.59 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi. First time on this forum.... Think I have had / used most of the routers out there on the market. In the end I have always returned to ASUS. AC66, AC68, AC87 and now latest an AC5300. Tried the stock FW in between...but always returned to Merlin. My AC68 has always been and is rock solid and superfast. My best router ever...
I live in Sweden and my ISP is Telia with the speed 250/100MBit.

Although my AC5300 is not to my satisfactory. I loose Connection on both 2.4 and 5GHZ, also on the LAN.....like small hickups....also slow in connecting..The router also blocks alot of homepages like gais.se and gt.se speednet and bredbandskollen.se my son has also big problems to connect to Minecraft.......(these are only a few examples) there are more websites with problems. Using 380.59. PLS Help
Have you tried the latest beta stock firmware? If not try that.
I had my friend buy a rt-ac5300 and he is getting 2.4GHz wifi drops, I am not sure on 5GHz, with this latest merlin .59, I have loaded his 2 times and factory defaulted 3 with a clean NVRAM also and he is getting 2.4GHz drops. I have to test his further, but others recommend the official Asus firmware when this happens for the 5300.
Post back with results of official, I am going to test my friends with some settings changes and alpha firmware. I know merlin has no control over wifi drivers, but I need to test more, now that my friend has one also I can test faster.

Hi guys I got an issue on this firmware, the SSH I had it enabled on the prev versions of Merlin without WAN , I created a iptables rule so I only have access to SSH from only one IP address, now it does not work, I got the only LAN and the usual IPtables ruleand it does not work, I have to place the LAN+WAN option and I can get in the SSH of the router like the rest of the world also.

I have the rule now when I enable LAN+WAN
SSHBFP tcp -- anywhere anywhere tcp dpt:https state NEW

And this was the old rule that with prev versions of the firmware it worked without enable wan access

ACCEPT tcp -- xxx.xxx.xxx.xxxt anywhere tcp dpt:https

Does anybody know how to make a rule that makes it work like before, ? I just need to access from one public IP address and block access from the rest of the world
Thanks

Hi guys I got an issue on this firmware, the SSH I had it enabled on the prev versions of Merlin without WAN , I created a iptables rule so I only have access to SSH from only one IP address, now it does not work, I got the only LAN and the usual IPtables ruleand it does not work, I have to place the LAN+WAN option and I can get in the SSH of the router like the rest of the world also.

And this was the old rule that with prev versions of the firmware it worked without enable wan access

Does anybody know how to make a rule that makes it work like before, ? I just need to access from one public IP address and block access from the rest of the world
Thanks
I have same issues posted a lot of pages back.
And i have more rulez.
Could nog fix it yet.

And found a other problem.
I use a domoticz raspberry and it use a API key tot connect tot my.domoticz site so i not to have open a port.
But with 59 it nog works.

i tried all 3 with dslreports and sfq produced the best results on my ac88u.
Gaming improved but that could be down to me getting a symmetrical fibre service.....thats what i suspect.

As I mentionned, Traditional QoS is currently broken on the RT-AC88U.

Thanks

For improved security, dropbear now only binds to specific IPs/interfaces. For it to listen on the WAN interface, you must configure it to LAN+WAN.

After that, have two rules at the top of the chain (note: they must be in this reversed order):

iptables -I SSHBFP reject connections to your ssh port
iptables -I SSHBFP accept connection to your ssh port if from a specific IP

Using -I means rules get inserted at the top, which is why they must be in reverse order when you run them.

So if none work what should we use adaptive? Or is there a trick to get it to work?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

If 'none work', then don't use any of them.

But the only one that is currently broken is Traditional QoS. The others available should be worth using to at least some degree.

If 'none work', then don't use any of them.

But the only one that is currently broken is Traditional QoS. The others available should be worth using to at least some degree.
Traditional is the only one that grants access to Fq_codel correct?

Is there a way to enable codel with adaptive QOS then?

Not without a lot of hacking, Adaptive QoS is closed source.

Quick question: I installed 380.59_beta2 and do not see it available for download anymore on the homepage. Additionally, the beta status listed as "N/A." Has the beta 2 release been incorporated into the stable release of 380.59 and should I re-flash to the stable version?

I am new to the forum and absolutely love the custom OS. Thank you Merlin and everyone else for your support.

Best,

Burden

Quick question: I installed 380.59_beta2 and do not see it available for download anymore on the homepage. Additionally, the beta status listed as "N/A." Has the beta 2 release been incorporated into the stable release of 380.59 and should I re-flash to the stable version?

I am new to the forum and absolutely love the custom OS. Thank you Merlin and everyone else for your support.

Best,

Burden

If it's working fine, not a big deal but yes, if you're running 380.59beta, it would be an upgrade.

Please keep the fq/codel, people have different needs, some while ago when I had time to play with qos in depth concluded that codel would've been what's needed for very congested links like mine, unfortunately a little short on free time now.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!