What's new

Beta Version 3.0.0.4.374.4887

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I beg to differ,
my LTE/3G+ modem is 100% functional in your latest (thanks) and windows enviroment.
But not att all in Beta Version 3.0.0.4.374.4887.
I'm going to try my old Huawei e220 3g, report coming.
BR

I suspect your issue might be specific to 3G/4G modems rather than to the new failover recovery fix they implemented. I'm mostly curious to see if recovery does properly switch back to the primary interface now.

My issue with dualwan is isolated :)

Both my modem Huawei E220 (3G) and Huawei E3276s-150 in 3G+
are in "disconnected state" in UI
WHEN USB3.o disc WD My Book 1230 is connected in 3.o port.

But both fully functional both ways without USBdisc connected
both failover as well as failback
Status in UI is connected on both, so traceroute to know.

edit: modem gets disconnected even when disc is connected and mounted afterwards in this asusbeta, and eject don't help after that.

Both modems are functional with failover in 374.40 with disc connected
status in UI is standby on that not in use

Last edited:
48 Hours and still going on without rebooting or any other noticeable errors I've got 16 devices on, on 5GHz, 2.5GHz,guest network and Lan. :D

So far so good; 2 Days 22 Hours. I was stable for almost 4 days with 4561, so it has to go a little further yet.

Has anybody noticed a reduction in signal with the new Asus 4778 firmware from the Merlin build 40 alpha4 ?

1day 10hours uptime and counting with 4887. I used to hv a reboot almost every 8 hrs with 4561.

However , I am seeing some issues with Internet radio pausing for a second about every 10 min or so on my iphone4 using 2.4g. I also seem to hv dropped frames on my apple tv3 connected at 5ghz. Samsung & Htc phones, no issue.

Never used to hv this. Need to investigate further. Is there a log in the router that I can access for debug?

Has anybody noticed a reduction in signal with the new Asus 4778 firmware from the Merlin build 40 alpha4 ?
I've been using the 4561 firmware because I didn't have the reboot issue that others experienced. I updated to the 4887 version yesterday and noticed that my 5GHz link rate was lower than with the 4561 version. About an hour after I flashed the new firmware I did notice a drastic decrease in signal strength, so I did a manual reboot and signal strength returned and hasn't decreased since.

The reduced link rate is puzzling since I didn't move any hardware. With version 4561 my connection had been 1055.0Mbps with excursions up to 1.3Gbps occasionally; with 4887 it is steady at 877.5Mbps.

Last edited:

edit: modem gets disconnected even when disc is connected and mounted afterwards in this asusbeta, and eject don't help after that.

Which confirms what I said: your problem has nothing to do with the failover recovery change Asus did.

Really dont see myself upgrading anytime soon. 47 days uptime with 374.39 :D
Hopefully asus comes up with a stable firmware soon. And also something which doesnt further reduce wireless speed.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Interested in my logs ??

Your latest, functional with functional Dual Wan failover.
This Beta, modem status "disconnected" in UI

However it seams "allow failback" work for another user in this thread with same modell of LTE modem as me.
(in 3G+ mode)

I have not the skills to sort it out, if there are any diffs in logs.

Did you have ENABLE option Enable Watch Dog ? I have disabled this option. Test modem LTE with disable this option and unplug cable WAN and see...

please read my post #62
My dualwan issue is related to I guess USBdrivers or timing issues.

I have now tried ALL of my USB hubs (2.0 & 3.0) and problem percists
Can't attach my USB3.0 disc because modem gets disconnected then.
Modem in USB_2.0 port and trying disc in USB3.0 port

But in latest Merlin they work together in these ports, failover functional, but no failback ofcourse.

Did you have ENABLE option Enable Watch Dog ? I have disabled this option. Test modem LTE with disable this option and unplug cable WAN and see...

WTF not optimal but
LTE modem in 3G+ mode in USB3.0 port
and USB3disc in USB2.0 port

and it works both failover as well as failback and USBdisc all together

no reboots
wl0_reg_mode not working = Apple 5 GHz devices problem / I hope this can be fixed in Merlin's soft

Over 3 days up no reboot so that is great. I am starting to see a slowdown on my 66u AP on its upload side. Were getting 25 up and down on the 66u now its 15 up 23 down. The fix usually is a reboot of the 68u not the 66u will update over the next couple days. It usually will keep degrading till it grinds to a halt.

so far no reboots, new firmware seems very stable!

Attachments

• upt.png
    upt.png
    15.3 KB · Views: 578
I think that Merlin should work for ASUS, because his firmwares are better, than stock ASUS firmwares. But this new 3.0.0.4.374.4887 firmware, seems very stable at the moment!

it's been few days but I see no corresponding update for AC56U...

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!