What's new

Cannot connect to 2.5 GHz network after Upgrading Ac3200 to Merlin 384.5

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sanjeevnuts

Occasional Visitor
After upgrade, I can see only Eight 2.5 GHz devices online. I have many smart home devices and all on 2.4 GHz. In all I had 15 devices on 2.4 but now rest are offline.
Neither iphone nor android can connect to 2.4 GHz, I get password incorrect or authentication failure messages.

Everything works on 5 GHz bands.

Tried factory resetting router and uploaded saved configuration - but same issues.
Did not have any issues with the older firmware.

Anybody else experiencing 2.4 GHz connection issues?

Try to
Disable airtime fairness in Wireless, professional, pull down 2.5ghz and disable airtime fairness.

After upgrade, I can see only Eight 2.5 GHz devices online. I have many smart home devices and all on 2.4 GHz. In all I had 15 devices on 2.4 but now rest are offline.
Neither iphone nor android can connect to 2.4 GHz, I get password incorrect or authentication failure messages.

Everything works on 5 GHz bands.

Tried factory resetting router and uploaded saved configuration - but same issues.
Did not have any issues with the older firmware.

Anybody else experiencing 2.4 GHz connection issues?

DO NOT UPLOAD SAVED CONFIGURATION - enter again especially WIFI settings MANUALLY
nothing to do with Airtime fairness. Just make sure you have 20Mhz Bandwidth and powercycle Router after reset Factory default and Manual configuration

Tried all above, fairness, 20 GHz, Factory reset........ did not work.

With great sadness I reverted to ASUS version (Released on June 1st) 3.0.0.4.382_50624-gdf1b286 and 2.4 GHz works again !!!!!
Not only did I revert to ASUS, I uploaded the config backup taken while I was on a Working Merlin version ( I know , I know but I'm impatient)
But it works !!!

What did I miss by going back to Asus firmware?
Can I find the features list Merlin has added?

For now I'll have to pass the enhanced features..

There appears to be an issue with the 2.4Ghz band operation with the new code thread that was recently introduced. I've done a fair amount of testing and it appears that (on my ac3200 at least ) that you can now only have 10 active 2.4Ghz devices powered up and connected at the same time. Up to and including 10 devices are fine and after that you get as you describe "password incorrect or authentication failure messages." My interim solution is to use an old router configured as an Access Point plugged into the back of the AC3200 and have a different SSID on it so that I can direct the devices to it.

My interim solution is to use an old router configured as an Access Point plugged into the back of the AC3200 and have a different SSID on it so that I can direct the devices to it.
Thats exactly why we got such routers to use a second old one beside it for WiFi-connection ...

Thats exactly why we got such routers to use a second old one beside it for WiFi-connection ...
I'm shocked. Why is this solution considered acceptable? If error was introduced in the code it should be rolled back.

To clarify this error does not exist in the Asus firmware latest version. May I ask Merlin to post the new version using this code?

To clarify this error does not exist in the Asus firmware latest version. May I ask Merlin to post the new version using this code?

Asus's code is not available yet.....

Reactions: kfp