What's new

Can't talk to AC-3100

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

alternety

Regular Contributor
I have installed an AC-3100 router. Things went well initially. I set up things I thought I could understand.

I set up things and all my devices and network things seemed to work.

But I have been unable to access the router since the original installation. I set up a user name and password. I have tried an IP for default (1.1). no go. I have tried the IP address I use. No go. I have found no way to gain access to the router.

Any suggestions?

I have installed an AC-3100 router. Things went well initially. I set up things I thought I could understand.

I set up things and all my devices and network things seemed to work.

But I have been unable to access the router since the original installation. I set up a user name and password. I have tried an IP for default (1.1). no go. I have tried the IP address I use. No go. I have found no way to gain access to the router.

Any suggestions?
You could try "router.asus.com" alternatively you could reset to defaults and try setting up again. Maybe start with just a few settings so you know what works. To rest to defaults unplug your router and press the wps button with the button pressed plug in the router and wait until the power flashes then release the button and leave the router for 10 minutes. then follow the setup guide again.

I will try the reset. I have used router.asus.com without success. I have also tried resetting. But I will try again.

FWIW - when I got my 3100 last year all was great for 5-6 weeks. Then the wireless would start dropping out. A reboot fixed it. But it started happening more and more often; finally it got to where I could barely keep the wireless going and I started having access issues to the GUI. This persisted through multiple resets. Had to send it in for warranty work. Been great ever since. :dunno:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!