What's new

Dnsmasq authoritative dns

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Carlos Davila

New Around Here
In the past week i have been trying to configure my RT-N66U as an authoritative dns server for my personal domain using dnsmasq, a ddns service and the hosts file. After a lot of reading, mostly here, i came up with my first attemp on a dnsmasq.conf file:

auth-server=ns1.my.personal.domain,eth0
auth-zone=my.personal.domain,192.168.0.0/24
bogus-priv
domain-needed

In my home network, my RT-N66U works as an access point only, my DHCP and NAT are handled somewhere else, so dnsmasq doesn't start at boot and dnsmasq.conf doesn't exist. I put the above dnsmasq.conf file on the /etc folder and tried to start dnsmasq, only to get this message:

dnsmasq: unsupported option (check that dnsmasq was compiled with DHCP/TFTP/DNSSEC/DBus support) at line 1 of /etc/dnsmasq.conf

That message led me to believe that this functionality isn't implemented on this compilation of dnsmasq. So the question is, is that assumption right? If it is, are there any plans to implement it? Would it be too hard? If it isn't, what i'm i doing wrong? And thanks Merlin, for all your hard work.

authoritative support is not enabled in dnsmasq. There are currently no plans to do so.

authoritative support is not enabled in dnsmasq. There are currently no plans to do so.

Hi Merlin, is this option still not supported? And still no plans to implement it?

Hmm ok!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!