What's new

dnsmasq on AC68U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

squirrellydw

Regular Contributor
How can I add this to my router, I think I need to use dnsmasq and not sure how or if I can.

Router is AC68U with Merlin

Last edited:
thanks but confused in how and what I add? Also from reading that like it seems like hosts.postconf would be safer and easier but still confused in what I add. Any chance you or someone could give me a example based on what I have above?

You could use a postconf, but postconf files are scripts. So you would have to write a script to manipulate the file.

For what you want it would be easier to use a hosts.add file which just adds those lines of text onto the end of the existing hosts file.

Last edited:
You could use a postconf, but postconf files are scripts. So you would have to write a script to manipulate the file.

For what you want it would be easier the use the hosts.add file which just adds those lines of text onto the end of the existing hosts file.

ok but how do I add/write this. I have no idea how to do it, could you help me out please.

Ok, I use a Mac usually but I think I have a PC laying around that I can use so I will try it when I get home. But all I need to do is

name it - hosts.add
and then add this??

IP NAME

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!