What's new

Does enabling iTunes server work on the RT-N66U ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Batavian

New Around Here
Was wondering if anyone had ever gotten this to work? If so, I'd love to know how. I've enabled it, and it appears in iTunes on my Win7 64 machine. But that's as far as I can get. No songs, no videos, no files are viewable. I also can't access the files from iTunes or Music on my iPad.

Was wondering if anyone had ever gotten this to work? If so, I'd love to know how. I've enabled it, and it appears in iTunes on my Win7 64 machine. But that's as far as I can get. No songs, no videos, no files are viewable. I also can't access the files from iTunes or Music on my iPad.

Yes , mines active and I can see it and play videos and music just fine from any device that reads the iTunes server data.

All I did was enable it and make sure the media server directory was correctly defined.

I do have the DLNA media server enabled as well.

Is your media on a USB drive attached to the router?

Where on the drive is the media? , mines in a folder I created on the drive named Media , my iTunes music folder is inside there also.

Enable DLNA Media Server : ON
Enable iTunes Server : ON
Media Server Directory : /mnt/sda1/Media

And that's pretty much it.

Last edited:
Does this only work for a USB attached device? How about a NAS?

Yes , mines active and I can see it and play videos and music just fine from any device that reads the iTunes server data.

All I did was enable it and make sure the media server directory was correctly defined.

I do have the DLNA media server enabled as well.

Is your media on a USB drive attached to the router?

Where on the drive is the media? , mines in a folder I created on the drive named Media , my iTunes music folder is inside there also.

Enable DLNA Media Server : ON
Enable iTunes Server : ON
Media Server Directory : /mnt/sda1/Media

And that's pretty much it.

Hello! I'm going to buy the touter asus n66. I saw that you describe very well the configuration for the router to work as an iTunes server.

I wanted to ask if this configuration, I am not having a SMART TV, I can exploit it with the Apple TV that I attached to televosore.

The Apple TV is the next generation then no internal hard drive. And if it works, the Applte TV sees the hard drive attached to the router as a separate library from iTunes? thanks

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!