What's new

Entware easy setup

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mairuay

Occasional Visitor
According the documentation the entware-setup.sh should be located in /tmp/mnt/sda1/asusware
This seems to be a folder on an usb stick but where do i get the asusware stuff from?

According the documentation the entware-setup.sh should be located in /tmp/mnt/sda1/asusware
This seems to be a folder on an usb stick but where do i get the asusware stuff from?

Where are you reading this? That script is part of the firmware, it's not something you download to a USB disk.

hmm i did this already and i have the uninstallation "leftovers" on the usb device. But there is no opkg.

Is your USB Stick formatted as per the instructions?
Have you used a different Stick?

It's formattted with ext2 on the primary 2GB partition. It is mounted on
/tmp/mnt/sda1

Inside i have following directories:
Download2
asusware.arm
lost+found

I can write read/write from commandline. "find . -name opkg" does not find anything.

AFAIK:
Entware uses opkg
Optware uses ipkg

It's formattted with ext2 on the primary 2GB partition. It is mounted on
/tmp/mnt/sda1

Inside i have following directories:
Download2
asusware.arm
lost+found

I can write read/write from commandline. "find . -name opkg" does not find anything.

What are you trying to do?
If you have a RT-AC68U, no Optware for you. All the packages are compiled for MIPS architecture.

You want to use OpenDNS?
WAN / WAN DNS Setting
Disable "Connect to DNS Server automatically"
Fill in fields.

What are you trying to do?
If you have a RT-AC68U, no Optware for you. All the packages are compiled for MIPS architecture.
RT-AC68U/R, RT-AC56U = ARM = OPTWARE
RT-N16, RT-N56U, RT-N66U/R, RT-AC66U/R = MIPS = OPTWARE or ENTWARE

AFAIK:
Entware uses opkg
Optware uses ipkg

Yeah, ipkg is there. Thanks!!

BTW: "Improve Your Web Surfing Speed with OpenDNS" I not really see a reason why using the OpenDNS server can speed up browsing. Are these servers faster than those from google or my ISP?

BTW: "Improve Your Web Surfing Speed with OpenDNS" I not really see a reason why using the OpenDNS server can speed up browsing. Are these servers faster than those from google or my ISP?
If you have no specific need, your ISP's DNS is by far the best. It will route your requests properly to the best Server available in your region. Examples are Youtube, Netflix and even Google...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!