What's new

Feature request: Cloudflare Dyndns

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I don't want to add new DDNS providers, because those generate an additional workload for me, requiring maintaining of their own whenever a provider changes their API. That's why I provided the generic custom mode relying on a script.

very sad for those not as comfortable making scripts - maybe in the future there is a way to make it "generic" without needing to connect to the router using commandline tools... edit-textbox maybe? copy/edit/paste the content for a script is one thing - creating it in the right place, format etc. without breaking stuff is the other. actually connecting the third (tried that once, failed)

I added nano, which is as far as I'm willing to go right now. Webui-based script editing is always a nightmare, as they can easily fail depending on the browser used, when copy/pasting code with incorrect line formatting, wasting a lot of nvram, etc...

The firmware has over 40 different config files and scripts supported - implementing that through the webui also makes no sense at all from a design point of view.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!