What's new

[Feature Request] Delay start of the 2.4ghz network after restart

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

heywire

I'm having this problem where after restarts and firmware updates, devices tend to immediately get connected to the 2.4ghz band and get stuck there there for ages before rolling over to the 5ghz band.

This happens even if the device is located right next to the router with excellent signal, which if logic prevailed should prompt them to roll over immediately.

Is there any way we could get the option in the firmware to delay upstart of the 2.4ghz band until after the 5ghz band has been established?

AC86U, for the record.

I'm having this problem where after restarts and firmware updates, devices tend to immediately get connected to the 2.4ghz band and get stuck there there for ages before rolling over to the 5ghz band.

This happens even if the device is located right next to the router with excellent signal, which if logic prevailed should prompt them to roll over immediately.

Is there any way we could get the option in the firmware to delay upstart of the 2.4ghz band until after the 5ghz band has been established?

AC86U, for the record.

Mine come up at the same time and devices connect to 5ghz. As the other poster said, make sure you're not using DFS, especially weather radar, as 5Ghz takes minutes to come up.

You could also do a pretty basic script to bounce the 2.4 radio x minutes after boot.

do you use "smart" connect ?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!