What's new

Feature Request for ASUS FTP Server Port Selections

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

atkinsom

Hello Merlin,

I'm trying to setup the FTP server on the AX86U Pro Router and noticed that you can't select a different Port or Base FTP PASV port. When using John's Fork on my old AC68U this was an option he had placed into the GUI to get around port conflicts on other internal FTP servers one might have. If this is a feature request that can be implemented down the road that would be great and if not I certainly understand. I can always flip things around on my internal network for now. Thank you as always for your continued support.

1689789100392.png

I remember working with John on the implementation of this. IIRC the "WAN FTP Server Port" is the same as Merlin's "FTP ALG port" on the WAN - NAT Passthrough page.

As for the base passive port, that can be set in nvram using the ftp_pasvport variable. These ports are only used to access the router's own FTP server (to make FTP/TLS work).

Last edited:
Thank you Colin. I ended up using this FTP howto guide below from ASUS and I have everything working as expected. I left the PASV port as is in NVRAM as it didn't conflict with anything I configured. Cheers

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1037908

Thank you Colin. I ended up using this FTP howto guide below from ASUS and I have everything working as expected. I left the PASV port as is in NVRAM as it didn't conflict with anything I configured. Cheers

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1037908
I see in typical Asus fashion, that FAQ and the other three about FTP are still telling people to use "both" as the protocol despite the fact that FTP only uses TCP. :rolleyes:

I see in typical Asus fashion, that FAQ and the other three about FTP are still telling people to use "both" as the protocol despite the fact that FTP only uses TCP. :rolleyes:
Yup I saw that too but ignored the part about both and used TCP only. I found with ASUS How-To's you have to wade through the weeds to use the right information. :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!