What's new

FlexQoS FlexQoS issues with 388.4 HND5.04 models

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

It works, I notice even net improvements. I was just wondering why it sees audio video streaming as "other". I think a wrong setting
Post some pictures of what you see and what you think it should be.

Here I am. The QOS of the router is set to 'custom' and in the first place there is audio and video streaming ; I also tried setting it directly to Streaming but nothing changed. The Flex QOS is set as in the photo. Right now the router is working almost entirely in streaming media but the flex qos classifies it as 'other' to me. However it works, the improvement in performance is more than evident

Attachments

• Firefox_Screenshot_2023-08-10T19-15-01.613Z.png
    Firefox_Screenshot_2023-08-10T19-15-01.613Z.png
    37.6 KB · Views: 67
  • Firefox_Screenshot_2023-08-10T19-15-27.791Z.png
    Firefox_Screenshot_2023-08-10T19-15-27.791Z.png
    42.1 KB · Views: 75
  • Firefox_Screenshot_2023-08-10T19-15-57.147Z.png
    Firefox_Screenshot_2023-08-10T19-15-57.147Z.png
    27.7 KB · Views: 75
Here I am. The QOS of the router is set to 'custom' and in the first place there is audio and video streaming ; I also tried setting it directly to Streaming but nothing changed. The Flex QOS is set as in the photo. Right now the router is working almost entirely in streaming media but the flex qos classifies it as 'other' to me. However it works, the improvement in performance is more than evident
Do the connections in the list also show Others?

Maybe it's because on the linux boxes I use for streaming, I use the VPN?
I believe VPN will put all or most traffic into one category. Also from your setup on the pics....the Learn from Home should be put at the bottom of the list.

doesn't work for me on ax6000 running 3004.388.4 doesn't even ask to turn QoS on when installing.
I think is time to reset router and start from scratch!!!

I think is time to reset router and start from scratch!!!
already done that. but somehow router required to run FD command on ssd instead of just reinstalling same scripts. bit early to tell but it seems to be okay for now

found an issue with flexqos when running 388.4.
I installed 388.4 installed skynet, no problems, added flex qos 1.3.3. all fine.
the shirtstorm started when I added the following additions which caused instability and constant router reboots.
ADDED in the dropdown list: (BOOM)
roblox gaming
steam gaming
online gaming
bittorrent file transfer

uninstalled flexqos, then re-installed skynet again, (as the removal of flexqos created firewall syntax errors) all stable again.

What did these rules look like?

Not likely.
Added via GUi in the bottom drop down list on the flexqos page.
When nothing was added to the default list, it worked.
As soon as i added the 4 additional entries all hell broke loose.

ive been working on this issue since beta came out.
Skynet was working perfectly. I then Uninstalled flexqos and after typing 'firewall' in the ssh client it complained of a syntax error on line 1. Reinstalled skynet, I could type firewall again.

Added via GUi in the bottom drop down list on the flexqos page.
When nothing was added to the default list, it worked.
As soon as i added the 4 additional entries all hell broke loose.
So you mean AppDB rules? That would be a new one if so.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!