What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

@rtn66uftw - Read again....the N66 is an AP? Then there won't be a leases file (and why the code doesn't try to include the Name field). Now, I'm not sure about the arp table....did you get output from the N66 running the arp command.

Yes N66 is an AP. Running the arp command on it returned nothing special (only 2 lines)

Yes N66 is an AP. Running the arp command on it returned nothing special (only 2 lines)
If it has only two entries, that's the problem, Let's give this a try.....go to the main router page, select the network view and 'Refresh' the client status. Give it about 1 min, then look at the wireless log.

EDIT: A better idea....just ping one of the clients attached to the AP then check the wireless log.

Last edited:
Many thanks to John and RMerlin ;)

Been toying with the idea of using iPhone Siri+HomeKit to control the Logitech Harmony Smart Hub in my living room via Homebridge.
Anyone come across a good and easy to follow tutorial for newbies?

From what I've gathered thus far, I'll need to install entware or optware, node.js, homebridge and homebridge-harmonyhub.

@kun1he2 It might be better if you create a separate thread for your question as it isn't specifically related to John's firmware and might get lost amongst all the other posts.

[emoji51]shirt!!!

Lost my logIN to my Asus router,

Can i just reset to factory settings ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes....that's the way out. Reset using the WPS button during power on method.

Something just struck me (based on something else I had been pondering recently).

John, do you think the same thing as me if I say ".asusrouter" and "ÙSB"?

Power on method ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Power off the router.....hold in the WPS button while powering on the router.....continue holding in the WPS button until the router power LED starts a fast blink (about 10 sec).....release the WPS button.....router will reboot set back to factory defaults.

(Since you can't get to the gui to do the reset :) )

/
John, do you think the same thing as me if I say ".asusrouter" and "ÙSB"?
Hmmmm....possibly :) maybe along with a little install script that could copy an existing key file from the router to the USB (do a bit compare) for security?

/
Hmmmm....possibly :) maybe along with a little install script that could copy an existing key file from the router to the USB (do a bit compare) for security?

The thing is, this is a glaring security hole IMHO. Very trivial to exploit with just two lines of code, if it works like I expect...

John or Merlin,
I am using QOS and am wondering if I do not make a rule for a device does the router automatically set the priority to my default setting that I have selected on the QoS rules? I would rather not make a rule for every device on my network.

Thanks in advance!

How do I install this if I'm on Firmware:380.62_1 (Asuswrt-Merlin) RT-AC68U

I get the message http://i.imgur.com/hHYr5Ev.png

which says To comply with regulatory amendments, we have modified our certification rule to ensure better firmware quality....
You need to use the Asus Firmware Restoration tool (same as you would moving to any code earlier than 380.60 or ASUS 380_3xxx).
Then factory reset after it's complete.

John or Merlin,
I am using QOS and am wondering if I do not make a rule for a device does the router automatically set the priority to my default setting that I have selected on the QoS rules? I would rather not make a rule for every device on my network.

Thanks in advance!
That's the intent (note that the ability to set the default is a feature unique to this fork).
One thing you should know about traditional QoS is that the download limits are 'soft'....any really only come into play when the download is at max with multiple clients.

You need to use the Asus Firmware Restoration tool (same as you would moving to any code earlier than 380.60 or ASUS 380_3xxx).
Then factory reset after it's complete.
What? Is this new? Reason i ask is because, i went from stock fw, to merlins and to yours awhile back forget which rev but never used the restoration tool. Is this now required to do for now on? If so will you know if you have to use it? I have the rt ac66r. Also thanks for the reply on QoS! I appreciate your hard work on the firm are and thanks for the hrlp and advice!

What? Is this new? Reason i ask is because, i went from stock fw, to merlins and to yours awhile back forget which rev but never used the restoration tool.
New if you load firmware 380.60 or 380_3xxx or newer.....you can't got backwards to a level below those listed any longer using the gui to load the firmware. For the fork, as long as you are on a fork level, you can always load any other fork level.

What? Is this new? Reason i ask is because, i went from stock fw, to merlins and to yours awhile back forget which rev but never used the restoration tool. Is this now required to do for now on? If so will you know if you have to use it? I have the rt ac66r. Also thanks for the reply on QoS! I appreciate your hard work on the firm are and thanks for the hrlp and advice!
More info here but this started with the 380.x code base.
http://www.snbforums.com/threads/asus-firmware-will-change-the-verification-method.32357/

ASUS RT-AC66R Firmware 3.0.0.4.380.3264
Releases note:
ASUS has been dedicated to cooperate with third party developers to come up with more innovative features.
To comply with regulatory amendments, we have modified firmware verification rule to ensure better firmware quality.
This version is not compatible with all previously released ASUS firmware and uncertified third party firmware.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!