What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

after updated to release 11 today, CPU temperature increaseed to 81 to 85 fluctuating.. is it normal?

upload_2015-4-30_17-5-28.png

after updated to release 11 today, CPU temperature increaseed to 81 to 85 fluctuating.. is it normal?

View attachment 3728

If you read your temp just after flashing yes its normal.Let your router idle a couples of minutes with no transfers via Wireless or downloads.Mine is always doing this after each flashs, my idle temps is 71C and just after a flash , temp raise up to 75 and going back to 71-72c after 10 mins.For me its normal

what is your transmit power? leave as 80mW or can set as 200mW for both 2.4/5GHz? Any CPU overload or heat up due to this? Thx

what is your transmit power? leave as 80mW or can set as 200mW for both 2.4/5GHz? Any CPU overload or heat up due to this? Thx
I dont touch to transmit power ( 80mw) but i dont have 5ghz Wifi activated like i see in your post , i dont need it
This is my 2nd RT-ac68u , my fisrt AC68(now owned by my sister) temps was like you around 80C without 5 g Wifi

Last edited:
Upgraded to 11 today, and looks fine. Temperatures are normal, IPv6 and wireless working as before, all seems good so far.

Thanks for adding colors to wireless log, makes the connection data immediately visible.

Last edited:
moved to 11 version too today. All is working correctly here.

Thanks John!

Hi John, nice work.
But I have some small things to correct:
  • in Polish language first line is too long (look at the picture below),
  • many words are not translated, e.g.
    "Upgrade firmware" - should be "Aktualizacja firmware" or better "Aktualizacja",
    "Performance tuning" - should be "Dostrajanie wydajności" or better "Wydajność",
    "Wireless" - better is just "Wi-Fi",
    "Professional" - should be "Zaawansowane",
    "Site Survey" - should be "Wyszukiwanie sieci".
I can find more phrases without translation.
Problem is that Polish words/sentences are usually longer than English.

xjg08rz3y1lv.jpg

Regards,
errorsys

Sorry folks :oops:.....the joys of NL support and browser quirks....

The basic problem is that the translations are long enough to force the (Merlin fork) label to the wrap to the next line (for example 'Operation Mode', 'Mode de fonctionnement').

But, one difference is that when I view it with IE10 , it's smart enough to push down the tabs and still show the SSIDs.

FrenchBanner.JPG

I'll have an update up later tonight with a fix (I verified that all the languages format properly!)

Last edited:
By NL you probably mean Native Language and not NetherLands right?

Sorry folks :oops:.....the joys of NL support and browser quirks....

The basic problem is that the translations are long enough to force the (Merlin fork) label to the wrap to the next line (for example 'Operation Mode', 'Mode de fonctionnement').

But, one difference is that when I view it with IE10 , it's smart enough to push down the tabs and still show the SSIDs.

View attachment 3734

I'll have an update up later tonight with a fix (I verified that all the languages format properly!)

Don't blame us, there is no Dutch language available anyways so we are not guilty :D

Posted an update to V11....thanks to @Sanna1967, @Blinkyz and @errorsys for their feedback. Sorry for the problem....it's always the 'simple' updates that end up biting you:oops:

LATEST RELEASE: Update-11E1
01-May-2015
Merlin fork 374.43_2-11E1j9527
Download http://1drv.ms/1uChm3J
============================

Release Update-11E1 contains a single fix for the banner formatting under certain language selections (the SSIDs would be partially obscured). If you are able to see the SSIDs at the top of each gui page in your preferred language, there is no need to update from the base Update-11.

By NL you probably mean Native Language and not NetherLands right?
Yes, definitely NOT picking on the Netherlands!

I've seen the acronym used as both 'Natural Language' and 'Native Language' when referring to multi-language support.

Hi John, nice work.
But I have some small things to correct:
  • in Polish language first line is too long (look at the picture below),
  • many words are not translated, e.g.
    "Upgrade firmware" - should be "Aktualizacja firmware" or better "Aktualizacja",
    "Performance tuning" - should be "Dostrajanie wydajności" or better "Wydajność",
    "Wireless" - better is just "Wi-Fi",
    "Professional" - should be "Zaawansowane",
    "Site Survey" - should be "Wyszukiwanie sieci".
I can find more phrases without translation.
Problem is that Polish words/sentences are usually longer than English.

Regards,
errorsys

Thanks for the feedback.....if you have other updates, please send them in a 'conversation'. I'll look at picking them up in the next big update (Asus didn't always make it easy....some of the references are missing in their dictionary files and default to English, so I have to find the right reference names/variables to port over).

ok no problem.

we Dutch are very well educated so English is "nos problemos"for us :)

I've seen the acronym used as both 'Natural Language' and 'Native Language' when referring to multi-language support.

FYI, other terms for this are "I18n" (Internationalization, referring to the framework for multi-language support) and "L12N" (Localization, as in providing support for each specific locale, like translations, etc.).

Last edited:
Tested 378.53 for ipv6 tunnel support (with he.net), works well there and ctf stays on. Wish you could incorporate ipv6 from there to your fork, because this fork practically cannot be used with an ipv6 tunnel.

Tested 378.53 for ipv6 tunnel support (with he.net), works well there and ctf stays on. Wish you could incorporate ipv6 from there to your fork, because this fork practically cannot be used with an ipv6 tunnel.

I run HE 6in4 tunnel without any problems....that's what I use for all my testing since I don't have native IPv6 support from my ISP.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!