What's new

Free (or very cheap) OpenVPN services with multiple US locations

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

UDP. I always use UDP w/ OpenVPN, regardless of the provider, unless it gives me problems.

I'm having some trouble getting FastestVPN working. It's not connecting. The setup instructions on their site don't match the ASUS Merlin fork build that I'm using. Do you see anything obviously wrong? I'm trying to set it up to work with MLB TV on my Roku TV. Right now I have "Redirect Internet Traffic" set to "All" but I assume I'll need to set it up to route the IP of my TV to MLB (whatever IP that is).

upload_2019-7-18_20-53-50.png

I'm having some trouble getting FastestVPN working. It's not connecting. The setup instructions on their site don't match the ASUS Merlin fork build that I'm using. Do you see anything obviously wrong? I'm trying to set it up to work with MLB TV on my Roku TV.
Never heard of FastestVPN. However, I'm successfully using NordVPN running in the router and watching every MLB game I want (except for nationally televised games, of course) using MLB.TV running on my Raspberry Pi under OSMC (Kodi).

Last edited:
I use ProtonVPN as a free backup to my paid VPN provider. I route a couple fo devices through both VPNs.
What's the purpose of running a backup VPN? I'm currently using PIA VPN and i don't believe I would need a backup to it...just curious?

I am glad my work could be of any help!

It should be working. If it does not please contact me via github (I am the author of the script) and I will have it fixed, but I have tested this myself a few minutes ago and it works.

Hi

I have just tested and answers from vpnbook isn't same as script returns. as you can se difference is "e" in middle of password.

Script aswere:
+ pwd=r6QN92
+ echo r6QN92

Vpnbook
Password: r6QeN92

Hi

I have just tested and answers from vpnbook isn't same as script returns. as you can se difference is "e" in middle of password.

Script aswere:
+ pwd=r6QN92
+ echo r6QN92

Vpnbook
Password: r6QeN92

get it working, removed: "| tr -d '[:space:]'" delete space command.

+ pwd=r6QeN92
+ echo r6QeN92

What's the purpose of running a backup VPN? I'm currently using PIA VPN and i don't believe I would need a backup to it...just curious?
Since it (ProtonVPN) was free, I figured if there were ever any technical issues with PIA it wouldn't hurt to have another setup already to go with the flick of a switch. I ultimately decided to route some traffic (torrents) through one VPN (PIA) and all other traffic through Proton thinking that splitting it up may increase performance due to bandwidth limitations.

get it working, removed: "| tr -d '[:space:]'" delete space command.

+ pwd=r6QeN92
+ echo r6QeN92

That was not the fix, rather the bug. I managed to fix the issue and push it to master so feel free to use the new and corrected version.

@octopus: Thanks for your help.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!