What's new

FTP only on lan

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

charlio

New Around Here
Hi there,
I bought my RT-N66U in August and after using Shibby's Tomato firmware since the 1st day and after suffering some instability problems little I've decided to give Asuswrt-Merlin a go.
Now I get wifi in all my house and the transmit rate has been greatly increased, but there are a few things that are still bothering me. I'm sure it'll have an easy answer, but I've been googling and searching in this forum for answers and haven't find anything about it.
I'd like to have an FTP server but only on my lan side, and I will access it from the outside through the OpenVPN server, and I haven't find a way to disable wan access for ftp. I did an nmap scan and found that the emule, bt and 2021 ports are closed, but I'd like them to be stealthed unless I'm using them.

Thanks in advanced!

Just installed Merlin on my RT-N66U as well and came across this question. Searched the forum and found this post that remains unanswered. Anyone knows how?

Hi
This is what I did on my RT-N66U:
I added the following lines to the firewall-start script

iptables -I INPUT -p tcp --destination-port 21 -j DROP
iptables -I INPUT -p tcp --destination-port 21 --source `nvram get lan_ipaddr`/`nvram get lan_netmask` -j ACCEPT

Now FTP is possible only from LAN

Best Regards
Ocram