What's new

have any body heard of this model. Asus RT-AC68A

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I can't think why Amazon would be selling it this cheap unless it's packed full of Amazon adverts, like their Fire products.

I find it hard to believe it will be equivalent in any sense to an RT-AC68U at all.

As RMerlin has mentioned elsewhere, this will be the new norm going forward for some router manufacturers.

Branding is still important (the parts themselves are so much).

price match model change?

Seen this before with Costco (warehouse store) vs. BigBox/Online - model number change negates price matching...

We can only hope that these newer less expensive models are not RT-AC68 model routers with "new locked down FCC compliance" features. I can't wait to see more hardware details... speed of the main chip, etc. .

Even if "Locked Down", I'm hoping the $125 will force a price drop on the RT-AC68U...

We can only hope that these newer...models are not...routers with "new locked down FCC compliance" features. I can't wait to see more hardware details... speed of the main chip, etc. .
If anyone can find out, please post it here.

Is this price going to be offered after 4/18, or is it only a pre-order special price?

with "new locked down FCC compliance" features.

Better get used to it. Everything will have to be compliant by June 2016, including already existing products that are still being actively marketed, not just new products.

I wrote to Asus about this as I ordered on Amazon and they could not tell me a thing other than no info about the product or fulfillment date.

Asus was kind enough to write me back and say the product is identical to RT-AC68U and will be made available to Amazon on 4/18. Got it when the order price was $118, so hoping Amazon really does fulfill the order.

I must mention here (if I haven't already) that I am very skeptical of this 'A' model being identical to the 'U' models.

Hope to be proved wrong, but the price difference is not enough for me to risk recommending one to any of my customers.

As Clark said, the price is now $180. Many times companies will want to make a bulk purchase at a favorable price, and use a low item price to find out how many units to purchase. They will purchase a lot more than what people bought at that low price. That way they are able to make a little money at the low price, but will have plenty of margin for those buying at $180 or some future lower price.
I'm not skeptical, but think the availability will be after 4/18, maybe in May. Lucky are those who wanted to save $60 and bought, but they will now have to wait it out to get the router.

I Say this is going to be

800mhz BCM4708
2.4 ghz N450 BCM4331
5 ghz AC1300 BCM4360
256 Meg Ram

In effect its going to be identical to the AC66u but the mips cpu swapped out for an arm
hence the ac66a

TP link are selling the same spec Archer C8 for like £58

Latest estimate from Amazon is 4/28 as the earliest ship date.
I Say you are wrong, Shonk.

I Say this is going to be

800mhz BCM4708
2.4 ghz N450 BCM4331
5 ghz AC1300 BCM4360
256 Meg Ram

In effect its going to be identical to the AC66u but the mips cpu swapped out for an arm
hence the ac66a

TP link are selling the same spec Archer C8 for like £58
But it's not ac66, it's ac68...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!