What's new

How to Configure RT-N66U as Wireless Bridge without Repeater?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jeepguy_1980

Occasional Visitor
I have an RT-N66U, and an RT-AC68U. I thought the N66U was dead, but it turns out the power switch just doesn't stay in anymore. But I already replaced it with an RT-AC68U.

I have my N66U configured as a wireless bridge, but it insists or also being a repeater. All I want it to use the ethernet ports for a few devices that don't have wifi capabilities. Is there anyway to use it's wireless mode as just a client, so that I can use the device to function as a bridge for wired connections only?

I know you can with dd-wrt. Google dd-wrt client bridged.

I know you can with dd-wrt. Google dd-wrt client bridged.

I had considered that. I've used DD-WRT and Tomato in the past. I just have become accustomed to using the Asus interface and thought I might have been overlooking what I assumed was a fundamental option.

I have an RT-N66U, and an RT-AC68U. I thought the N66U was dead, but it turns out the power switch just doesn't stay in anymore. But I already replaced it with an RT-AC68U.

Interesting. I got up one morning about a month ago to find my N66U dead. The power switch had popped out overnight and wouldn't latch anymore. I jammed it shut with a toothpick.

Interesting. I got up one morning about a month ago to find my N66U dead. The power switch had popped out overnight and wouldn't latch anymore. I jammed it shut with a toothpick.

If you Google it, it's a pretty common issue. I would return mine under warranty, but I added an internal SD card when I first got it.