What's new

How to get v6plus on Asus RT-AX86U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

betaix

New Around Here
I moved to Japan and brought my Asus RT-AX86U with me. I've updated the firmware to the latest version, which v6plus support was supposedly added, but I cannot find it under WAN Connection Type.

Am I missing something or does the North American version of this router not support v6plus at all?

I have the same situation. I have the AX11000 US version. The ISP wants v6plus for my WAN but it is not an option. To buy the JP version, they want $340 us. $600 for the AX16000 which is $395 in the US.

Were you able to figure it out?

A couple of things. My router is reporting it is on the latest version. However, 3.0.0.4.388_23285-g5068da5 is not the latest. I am updating to 3.0.0.4.388_24328. I will see how that goes.

**Update** No change. I still can't select V6plus

Last edited:
I moved to Japan and brought my Asus RT-AX86U with me. I've updated the firmware to the latest version, which v6plus support was supposedly added, but I cannot find it under WAN Connection Type.

Am I missing something or does the North American version of this router not support v6plus at all?

As a side note - your US/FCC-approved router is not legal to transmit in Japan, as it is missing the ARIB approvals for radio and commercial applications...

You should consider your options - buy a local router or just use the provider's gateway - you'll be better off, and there, with local hardware, you'll get a measure of support...

Thanks for the info. I'll just wait until the J version of the Asus AX11000 drops in price. We use NTT West which is more of a nuisance than East. Because I'm using a mesh network, I'm not willing to drop all my hardware and start new. One of my mesh routers is a j/version Asus that fortunately came loaded with English language. I'm just shocked over how much Asus routers cost here.