What's new

How to use “LAN IP” and “DHCP Server” on ASUS Router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

spritezf

Occasional Visitor
Hi, Guys! Today we’ll talk about how to use LAN IP and DHCP Server on ASUS router, you can find LAN IP and DHCP Server Setting page by click Advanced Settings->LAN on the left of the GUI.

1. LAN IP page allows you change the default login DUT IP address and subnet mask.

2. DHCP Server page

1) Enable the DHCP server, allow your router delivers an IP address to the client which connects to it, otherwise you can disable and setup your own DHCP server on the LAN side network.

2) Domain Name, you can define your own domain name for the router,

3) IP Pool, extend or shrink the number of IP deliver from DHCP server,

4) Lease Time, change DHCP server deliver IP address lease time

5) Default Gateway, the default gateway is router’s LAN IP or you can input your own gateway

3. DNS &WINS Server

Change default DNS server to resolve domain name and WINS server to naming the NetBIOS computer name

4. Manual Assignment

Enable this item allows you assign fixed IP to the clients. Let you easy to find the client by IP address.

Attachments

• LAN IP&DHCP Server.jpg
    LAN IP&DHCP Server.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 1,605
What's the point of posting all these? What you posted can easily be found on the router.

Are you trying to increase your message count here?

What's the point of posting all these? What you posted can easily be found on the router.

Are you trying to increase your message count here?

You may misunderstand me, I don't think the message count here has any value for me,
Maybe some thread what I posted was too easy for you and someone else,
I'm fans of ASUS router just want to share some basic information about how to use ASUS router to others here, one additional, I'm a Chinese, also want to improve my English here.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!